• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mustang front springs?

Knightrider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
would a pair of mustang lowering springs work the same as ranger springs, just curious as my friend may be selling his drop springs out of a 94 body style mustang, I"m going to compare and consider to see if it will work, would be interesting to swap the fronts to my ranger, then get the eccentrics to try and align.

LMK if any of you guys have any insight.

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
i dont think itll work. mustangs are a mcphearson strut set up. the springs are probably bigger diameter and weighted for a heavier vehichle.

Knightrider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i dont think itll work. mustangs are a mcphearson strut set up. the springs are probably bigger diameter and weighted for a heavier vehichle.
the springs look similar, but I havent seen them side to side

oh dont forget my ranger has a 302 in it so shouldnt be much of a weight difference up front.

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
i would check the height and diameter of the coils then. I think they are taller and wider, but I could be mistaken as I havent seen a mustang in 6 months.

bergz0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
leveling kit
Tire Size
31x10.50x15
is the 94 the rounder style body? not the fox body right. because my bros got a 95 mustang and we had to replace the springs on his car and they were actually thinner by a good amount than the ranger springs, check it out before you do it. be carfehul dude

Knightrider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
is the 94 the rounder style body? not the fox body right. because my bros got a 95 mustang and we had to replace the springs on his car and they were actually thinner by a good amount than the ranger springs, check it out before you do it. be carfehul dude
yeah I think it was the SN95 body style, i'm not going to go through with it was just a curious question.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals