• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

blaupunkt radio speaker feed question

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
ok, so I had some crappy wiring in my truck for a while, some electrical tape fell off of a splice and shorted a speaker wire to ground, which seems to have overloaded the right side channels of the radio, they no longer work, left side works fine. both the front and rear speaker do not work anymore, if it matters, it was the rear that was shorted, the splice was corrected yesterday when I soldered and heat shrinked the two....

the radio is a Blaupunkt Miami Beach from around 2003 (I can look it up if it matters), is the thing fubared? I haven't tore into it to see if it is just a resistor or something, figured I'd ask before getting too far

flood

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Hi I'm not a car stereo expert or anything but have you looked at the back of the stereo to see if there are any fuses going to it if so there could be one for the left channel and one for the right if not you probably did blow a resistor or relay on the inside. Hope this helps

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi I'm not a car stereo expert or anything but have you looked at the back of the stereo to see if there are any fuses going to it if so there could be one for the left channel and one for the right if not you probably did blow a resistor or relay on the inside. Hope this helps
The fuse should have killed everything though, not just the one side. It is worth checking out though, but I know my Pioneer's only have one master fuse.

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also check the fuses in the cab as well. The deck might be hard wired into the ignition or something instead of the proper way.

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Is the balance control set properly???

Usually when an output in a radio goes, all the channels go not just the right side. Using a volt meter (DC setting) check the voltages on the speaker wires. Yes, I said speaker wires.

With the radio on, you should read 1/2 of battery voltage or about 6 volts on EACH speaker wire. Each wire should read within a tenth of a volt of each other. If this is the case then the output is OK and the problem lies on the input side of the output. Unless your an electronic tech, I'd quit at this point.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals