• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2ng Gen SAS, Let's see yours flex. I need pics.

89REDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Buick
Engine Size
3.3 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys. I am building a 2nd Gen Ranger and would like to have an idea of what suspension designs (3 and 4 link, leafs, or 1/2 ton radius arms) flexes better for the money. I don't want to dump $4K into the front of my truck for some "off-the-shelf" SAS kit, just to find out that I can't get it to flex worth a damn. Help me out here. If I can get my long-bed to pull an 800 on a 20 degree RTI I would be more than happy. I realise that requires rear suspension workk too. I have that thought out already. Just need ideas for the front.

89REDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Buick
Engine Size
3.3 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hello? Anybody? Nobody has pictures...or at least an idear about what kind of suspension I should run under my ugly little truck? Come on meow. Help me out.

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well, it'll be the same for an 83-88 too, same frames. Best bet, would be either a Jeep High Pinion Dana 30 (Stronger than a Dana 28, arguable about a Dana 35 though), or an Early Bronco Dana 44. Both are close to the same width as RBV axle, plus the Jeep axle will have the same bolt pattern. Easiest way, would be to weld "c-wedge's" on the axle, use the stock radius arms (although extended), fab/get fabbed a track-bar mount (can't remember what trac-bar people were using), and work out the steering. Some soft coils and you'll be flexing it out in no time.

Another option is a full-width axle, either a 78-79 D44, or Wagoneer Dana 44.

"Piney", "Dirtraider", "redriverranger", "cbluepit", "reddog5" have done SAS swaps...
"CRBNUNIT", "dude772", "littlebigfoot", "chico4554", "Toreadorranger" are in the process of SAS swaps...

The info is certainly around....

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals