• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

frame work help!!

LSTCALL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 94 and wanted to know if "z"ing the frame is safe and or ok if it is drivin daily. also any good shops in or around DE to help with body drops any help is good help

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
"z"ing the frame depends on what size tire you are goin to run if you are doin an air ride suspension. Any less than 18 maybe 19 you don't have to. If you run 20s or more you have to for it to lay out all the way. And it should be safe for daily driving. Can't help you with a shop up there where you are but thats my .02 on your question.

LSTCALL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for info i am running bags and prob 20s one more question, bags on i beams or custom on radius arm?

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If your going to run 20s me personally i'd go with a front frame clip off an 80s yota. Its goin to take some cutting and welding to your existing frame but it will be easier to do that than to keep the beams. And will lay out better on the yota frame than the ibeams and not to mention huge negative camber when laid out and insane lift with the bags a inflated.
Also another problem you may run into with 20s is the firewall may have to be trimmed. I'm only running 18s and i still have plenty of clearance with mine laid out. Any more help you need just pm me and I'll help you out if I can.

TS6034

September 2009 STOM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You don't have to "Z" the frame on an I-beamer. Thats for the 98+ trucks.

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
then help me out if its not zing then its just raising the crossmember for us ibeam guys

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals