• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clearance Issues

mbub16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L EFI
Transmission
Manual
I was wondering since everybody is talking about their 5"7" static drops, is there any clearance issues with the differential hitting the bottom of the bed in the rear. i would like to add to my DJM 3"5" drop because its not low enough for me.

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dont know about a 5"-7" drop but I don't think that theres a real threat of the diff hitting the bottom of the bed. I had a 3"-5" drop and still had quite a bit a clearance between the diff and bed floor.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I don't think there's issues with the pumpkin hitting the bed.....it's issues with the axle tube hitting the frame. A small notch is suggested in order to give proper clearence to the tube and the frame...AND to be able to have proper suspension travel while not bumping off the bumps all the time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals