• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sub box dimensions

keith0486

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i was wondering if any one could give me some dimensions for a sub box for a 95 regular cab with a bench seat.

danger03ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
what size sub and how many? also need to know the depth of the sub to know the how deep to build it.

keith0486

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well its a 12" mtx that i have in a thunder box still.

this might not be right but this is just what i found on the out on it from doing a little search but i need to get another number off the sub it self.

Height: 6.1 in
Dimensions - Diameter: 12.2 in

Gum-B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
if your short you will fit with the sub in the cab. If the seat needs to be all the way back then you will have trouble. My 94 standard cab with a bench has 2 8in subs that fit with the seat back all the way, but they are in a really shallow box, and i had to grind the back of the box to get them in. I can get sizes but if your sub is that deep your box will have to be deeper in order to fit the woofer in the box.

keith0486

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i sit with my seat almost all the way to the front i think maybe 1 or 2 clicks from the front so i have some decent room back there behind it.

Gum-B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
that 12 might fit behind the seat i checked with my truck and it looks like if u move the seat 2 clicks from all the way forward that there will be enough room. If you can get the model number off the sub that would be more help full. But i think it will fit back there.

keith0486

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the number i got was thunder 4500 series so im almost positive now thats the right dimensions of it.

but if you wanna see what u can find out you might be able to find something more helpful for your self.

Gum-B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
you should have plenty of room to fit that sub. If you build a box that is 13.25 in tall with a bottom that is 10 in, and a top that is 6.75 in you will have plenty of room. as far as length to stay covered by the seat you can be no wider than 48 in. all of these measurements are with no carpet, or plastic in the back, so if there is carpet or plastic your measurements will be a little different.
MTX has technical info on their sight that tells you recommended box sizes. Good luck and if you need help post up.

keith0486

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i was thinking if i can sell this sub box and sub on craigslist ill buy ether a 10 or an 8in sub so i can fit it a little easier with out having to worry about hitting anything.

the only thing i would have to worry about is the back of the seat my cab doesn't have anything under the window but bare metal

Gum-B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
if you sell the sub i would go with a 10. I have 2 8 in sups and they are lacking in performance, also most prefab 10 boxes will fit perfectly with no problems, kickers CVT fits great, but im too tall so it wont fit with were i put my seat in my truck. If you were to do an 8 the only one i would recommend is the Image Dynamics ID8 that sub is amazing.

keith0486

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i was looking to get one form JL audio cause i can get a deal on one

th31d10t

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl.
Transmission
Manual
I just built a box for two 10" JL W1v2 that will fit nicely behind the seat. The volume of each side of the box is .69 cu. ft. The box has a speaker mounting depth of about 4.5". If you need dimensions let me know and I can give them to you. Also, I can get pictures tomorrow because I have to build another one.

keith0486

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya pictures would be sick.

i was thinking about the JL audio 10 w3v3 i have herd nothing but good things about them.

th31d10t

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl.
Transmission
Manual
A 10w3 is a deep sub. You are going to lose seat space. I will have pictures of the box in a lil bit.

Last edited:

keith0486

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice set up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals