• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A years worth of fun

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
This is what I started out with. A stock 1989 Ranger "Custom".

A little bit of rust, but nothing that major (I was wrong)

V6 emblems from a Bronco II from Pick'N'Pull

What prompted me to start my customization, a broken eye on my leaf spring

After setting the eye back in place, I took this last picture of how it originally was

A day of cutting, and starting the "Custom" part of its name

The stock interior that I got bored with, it was to bland

Now with the Windstar seats, B-Series shifter boot cup holder, and paint, the interior custom work begins

After I found some carpet, it was red however, I ripped the interior out and put that in. I painted it black with a carpet and fabric dye, and some of the red still showed through, I had an idea in the back of my mind to help that however

After the carpet was all in, this shows off the paint on the doors better.

My solution to the redish carpet. YES!!! Flaming floor mats

I still had to much blue in the interior, I two toned the dash

I still however had a nice big area between my seats that was rather useless, so I went to Pick'N'Pull and got a console out of an Explorer. It should be an easy installation, right? Wrong, it was too wide. So I had to go about and find a console that would fit. It turns out the Taurus with buckets have a console that will fit, however each of them had things I didn't like, so why not take all the best parts and make them one?

Mostly cut and trimmed to size, some minor adjustments were made once it got in, before paint (I work bore people with these pictures, thier basically the same picture as above, but everything is black)

With is installed and mounted, I still have some work left, but thats for later.

Back outside, The grill was pissing me off, why not. Before

the After, off of an Explorer Limited

Back into the interior, I found a Vacuum gague, and I was bored

The sifter boot, all done. Made out of a leather skirt I bought a second hand store, man I got some wierd looks. Can't a man buy a black leather skirt without getting strange looks?

Now for the sound. I installed 4 Infinity 1260I's (I believe), and I previously had the deck in from my first car, a Pioneer something or other, its getting old, and might be retired soon.

In this time I upgraded my tool box from this

To this

Another bordem project, painting the front bumper

After a few weeks with that, I finally found the bumper valace from an Explorer Limited

It has since been distroyed. I was driving to work, and a guy, talking on a cell phone, wandering around in his lane, I was getting pissed and about to pass, when he hit a pilon and flipped it infront of my truck, ripped the valance off, and then that got stuck under my truck, the road, my drive shaft, and my exhaust basically raped it up the ass with a spiked steel rod. I am in need of a new one by Monday-ish, and I can't seem to find one anywhere in southern Alberta and surrounding area, have one and willing to part?

After removing the canopy before going and getting the "new" box in Rocky Mountian House. Mine was rusting quite badly (on the undersides of the box), and around the supports. This was the first time the canopy had been off the truck since it was 6 months old.

The "new" box, believe it or not, its actually in better shape then the old one, its only surface rust.

Now finishing off the interior, I redid my old smoke stained headliner, and replaced the rear view mirror. I think the black Velvet is a nice look.

The dome light is out of a Probe, and the mirror attaches to it and not the windshield, I like this one over the stock one, (which I removed) becasue it has the map lights.

And my button, the best one ever, that is pinned to my headliner

New tail lights, in the stock housing, how about LED's for a nice look. How about 120 10mm LED's in the rear. The one illuminated right now are the park lights and the ones that you can see, but are off are the Brake/signal. The back up lights are staying the standard bulb. The front LED's are on thier way.

Thats all the photos I have up to date on projects. Its coming alone, and its going in for body work on Monday, I'll have to see if there is a 12 step program for people who can't live without thier Ranger. I have another car to drive, my sister was nice enough to lend me her car while she's in school. Its a 1997 Chrysler Concord. Its going to be very odd driving that instead of the truck, for a month-ish. Not to mention I have to repair the brakes because of the massinve pulsation, and diagnose its running rough, as rent for the month. I'll try to take pictures of the truck as its getting the body work done, I'm not doing it myself, I don't have the skill to do so.

Last edited:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Cool, those are some sweet looking custom mods.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Very nice, I like what you're doing with it. That bed has alot of mud in it. I would suggest removing and redoing it all since its obviously soaked in alot of water.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Very nice, I like what you're doing with it. That bed has alot of mud in it. I would suggest removing and redoing it all since its obviously soaked in alot of water.

:agree:

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
New tail lights, in the stock housing, how about LED's for a nice look. How about 120 10mm LED's in the rear. The one illuminated right now are the park lights and the ones that you can see, but are off are the Brake/signal. The back up lights are staying the standard bulb. The front LED's are on thier way.
More info Please:icon_thumby:

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Well, I have a friend who does these LED's. He made a set for his 07 Camry, and they were a lot easier for his car then they were for the truck. I'm not sure on any of the specs of the LED's and resistors, and so on, but on his standpoint, and mine as well, they were an absolute pain in the ass to make, install in the lens housings, the easiest part was wiring them to the factory wiring. Next time I see him I'll get more information on them for you.

As for the "mud" on the bed, the guy I'm getting to do the truck (starting tomorrow, Monday the 24) is going to be doing everything on it. From the underside/backside of the pannle of the bed it seems pretty solid. It actually looks like house paint on it, as its quite flaky, and what has peeled off undernieth doesn't seem damaged, just bare metal. In the end, its going to be all redone, and if it needs replacing, it needs replacing. I'm putting good money into it for restoration and customization on the body, and I don't mind putting it into it. I'm going to be doing a lot of engine work, and suspention work to it, and I know the only reason why I'll be getting rid of it is if its distroyed in an accident. To me, just from what I have seen and checked out of it, it doesn't seem bad.

lynnhowlyn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Shoeboy -

Great transition - looks really good.

Do you recall what year the Windstar the seats come out of? And did they give you much additional height? I gotta do something with my seats - feels like I'm sitting in a hole.

Also like the Explorer/Taurus "hybrid" console. Any idea what years we're talking bout here?

Thanks

sweetsride

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
looken good, i am liken the console and the rear lights!!

keep the pics coming

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals