• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B2300 2003 ball joints already?

CrimsonEclipse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
My 2003 B2300 has only 60K and ball joints need replacing already.
Is this normal?!

There are no zerks on them either!

Thanks

CE

lifted_Mazda01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
umm i got like 127k and yea they have needed to be replace for like 20k miles now, but i do alot of offroading

crazypj

Reaction score
Altamonte Springs Fl./Bridgend South Wales
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I don't do any off roading and mine are were worn a 40,000. Still haven't replaced them a 55,000 as they don't seem o have gotten any worse.
Couple of people I've spoken to who build/use Rangers/B2300 say its a design flaw, even better quality ones don't last much longer.
Anyone know why?
PJ

Crunchy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I bought my truck used at 60k miles. Needed two new lower ball joints (hence my discount on the truck).

I bought MOOG (comes with the grease fittings), had them installed a week after I got the truck (took me 3 hours both sides with no prior experience in automotive repair).

snowdog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Manual
My 2000 b4000 has original ball-joints with 152,000 miles. Had 60,000 when I bought it, after first winter started to squeak. Asked around about it, common problem with all ford truck,probably all vehicles with no zerks. I bought a needle made for end of grease gun. most parts stores have them. I grease my truck every 6 months. poke it in the boot, always try to use the same hole. solved my problem. No grease is no good.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals