• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Xrc8

86XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'86
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i bought that smittybuilt winch back in march, it worked good for a couple little tasks i had around the house. Then one day I went to pick up a 71 cutlass that had been sitting in the same spot since 89. The winch wouldnt even budge the car, it just bogged my motor down while draining all the juice from my battery, needless to say i was very dissapointed in its performance. I hooked up a tow strap and banged it pretty hard a couple times and pulled it right out with the ranger...wich made me wonder even more.

So a couple weekds ago i traded a 460 block for a brand new Optima Red Top!! Not only is my starter now on steriods the winch has morphed from a pile of scrap metal to a ehffin beast. The line speed is actually kinda fast, so i now recommend this winch and anyone that i had told before that it is a waste of money, i lied. Before some of you guys had the winch and was saying that it was a good buy and i had strongly disagreed. I am saying I WAS WRONG!! (remember this because i never admit it). Although the battery i had before should have powered the winch, i kinda think it might have had a week cell or something.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
This is a good insight, I was just thinking of getting one, but now Im even more tempted.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals