• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fuel injector help!

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
well i have been having engine problems and it seems like it boils down to fuel injectors. i was wondering if anybody tests them or cleans/rebuilds them. i would rather not pay $50 each for new ones (i know its not really that bad but i can get a new engine for $300) and i have 2 sets that are just sitting doing nothing. does anybody have any experience with this? also, of the 3 sets i have checked, one set had a different part number, but i looked around for new injectors and the ones i found said they replaced both part numbers, anybody know why this would be?

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, I for one hate to give advice without starting from the beginning. There are a heck of a lot of other things to check before you start pulling injectors. In fact, I've never seen an injector cause any trouble except to dribble a little causing a slight cold-start issue and failed idle emissions.

So you may have done ever other concievable thing, I don't know.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So you may have done ever other concievable thing, I don't know.
just about...and after i replaced my injectors (last weekend) with a different used set, things got a lot better but over the past week they have started to fall down hill again. here is the old thread if you feel like reading up. i also replaced the fuel filter when i did injectors. i still need to pull codes again but i was just looking for ideas.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
There is a place out there who does it, I had them do mine on the B2 about 2 years ago. The price was reasonable. They do a test on them before they start, send you the results via email, clean them and then retest and email the before and after results.

Here is the link.

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/fuelinj.html

camping_mailman01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have checked back and have not located any location where it was mentioned, but from my experience, water in the fuel tank will cause poor performance and rough idle. The replacement of the used injectors and fuel filter would change the performance till the water in the lines returned to previous levels. A less than $2.00 bottle of Heet would help you rule this out.

Though most injector cleaners state they remove water from the system. none removes it as quickly as Heet. Techron by Chevron is a good injector cleaner as long as you put in enough to cover the amount of your tank capacity. Oreilly's has a $9.99 bottle that does 20 gallons.

Water in the tanks will perform the same in diesel and gas injection systems.

Hope this helps.

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
[

Water in the tanks will perform the same in diesel and gas injection systems.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

here is just a thought...what if you didn't get water in your fuel??
what if you got some diesel in your gas instead :sad: which will make for some very poor performance as well. we done this a couple of times on the farm....forgot which tank was which.

with either case...drain your tank and start over. :bawling:

FWIW; been having issues with mine too...I took a closer look at my rotor....yeap rotor...it was loose on the end. (this was brand new mind you), I could get intermitant resistance readings (ohm's), between the center tab that rides on the coil to the outer end that sweeps to the cap points and if done just right complete resistance.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals