PDA

View Full Version : Back Field Bog Oct. 25th Manito, IL

Burnside
09-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Bog of the summer right here boys.

EarthResin4x4 (http://www.earthresin4x4.com)

I just made this website this morning.

Its an all day non-competitive mud pit.

There will be 6 reputable bands, check out their myspace page their music actually does rock.

All information is available on the website.

I will be there for sure, RedJosh will be hauling all the way down from damn near Canada, JohnnyU is gonna button up his chevy for it.

Bray, you'd better be there and actually put your truck in the mud for once. :thefinger:

If you can make it come, it'll be a blast. Radio advertising supposedly starts next week.

-Burnside

Redjosh
09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
i will be there can't miss out on the fun

JohnnyU
09-11-2008, 09:19 PM
That's right kids, this is going to be THE event of Central Illinois this summer. If you don't do anything else all year, get down for this bog.

I will in fact have the Chevy completed and there running in the bog, and I hate mud :thefinger:

bradz71
09-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Going to be picking corn then....

I'd love to make it and I have my rig finally running good but farming comes before anything else.

I'll try to spread the word for you guys and good luck with it!

Bray D
09-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Bray, you'd better be there and actually put your truck in the mud for once. :thefinger:

:thefinger:

Redjosh
09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
We all know that ranger is a mud monster just waiting to be released

Bray D
09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
lol yeah. I need to change my avatar cause I HATE mud. It has cost me more time and money than I care to think about. If all goes as planned I won't even have a front pig at that time. The quicker I can sell off my stuff the quicker I can have my 44 built. We need to build a rock garden out there, I know theres a couple guys that are out there regularly that are in the construction business, we should be able to get ahold of some broken up concrete slabs or something to make one. I'd LOVE to play on the rocks with you guys :thefinger:

As of right now I will definitely be there for the majority of the day though. Hopefully I have another job by then and I won't have to work that saturday. If I don't have a job by then, well, I have no excuse not to show up lol

JohnnyU
09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Taking his truck apart as an excuse not to play in the mud..... :thefinger:

Come see me at the Bradley Career Fair this Thursday. I'll be there 11a-3:30p.

Bray D
09-15-2008, 10:35 PM
I know I know lol. I don't think I'd make it too far with my bald ass 33's anyways.

I'm sure I will, I'll be up there from 9-2 on Thursday.

Redjosh
09-16-2008, 07:08 AM
i will play on the rocks with ya but my tires would probly be bald by the end

bradz71
09-16-2008, 08:10 AM
lol yeah. I need to change my avatar cause I HATE mud. It has cost me more time and money than I care to think about. If all goes as planned I won't even have a front pig at that time. The quicker I can sell off my stuff the quicker I can have my 44 built. We need to build a rock garden out there, I know theres a couple guys that are out there regularly that are in the construction business, we should be able to get ahold of some broken up concrete slabs or something to make one. I'd LOVE to play on the rocks with you guys :thefinger:

As of right now I will definitely be there for the majority of the day though. Hopefully I have another job by then and I won't have to work that saturday. If I don't have a job by then, well, I have no excuse not to show up lol

Too bad I wasn't closer I have all the concrete slabs and broken up chunks that you could handle, probably 10 full dump trailer loads. I'm probably going to use it as fill anyway.

Bray D
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Brad - That would've been too good to be true

Curl - My tires are bald right now lol

JohnnyU
09-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Don't get concrete, get real rocks. Concrete has rebar in it, rebar and tires don't usually get along that well.

Suck it up and get your truck dirty. Beleive it or not, it isn't going to kill you.....:thefinger:

bradz71
09-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Don't get concrete, get real rocks. Concrete has rebar in it, rebar and tires don't usually get along that well.

Suck it up and get your truck dirty. Beleive it or not, it isn't going to kill you.....:thefinger:

That is why I haven't done anything with the concrete.

Yeah mud is a pain in the ass but you break less in it, and I don't care what anyone says throwin' rooster tails is a hell of alot of fun.

Bray D
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM

Yeah rebar's no good. I was thinking cheap, I don't think rocks (mini boulders) fall into that category. People think they're pretty or something :dunno:.

We'll see. I wouldn't have a problem if I could beat it up, pull on my trailer, and cruise home/to work the next day in my comfy Cummins. I'll be there, and may play if my schedule is open for cleaning/wrenching the next day. I can't afford to drive 60 miles a day with sandy mud for grease in my bearings.

Bray D
09-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh and see ya tomorrow! lol

Redjosh
09-18-2008, 07:01 AM
come up to MN we have rocks everywhere i will give you all the rocks you want

you just can't sell them once you are down there

Bray D
09-18-2008, 10:57 AM
bring em with ya then :D

Redjosh
09-18-2008, 04:07 PM
i think i will have enough to haul with the truck tools quad and party trailer and

Bray D
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
lol I know man I'm just playin.

bradz71
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM
And speaking on mud anyone going to go out and enjoy our record flooding from this last rainstorm? I'm thinking about throwing the Boggers on the BII and havin some fun.

Bray D
09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah the river is the highest I've seen in a while. Roads are closed and fields are flooded all over.

bradz71
09-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Thats why I'm scrambling to get my winch mounted on so I can go to our campsites around here and play around by the river.

Redjosh
09-19-2008, 08:34 PM
i wish i could play in the flooded river bottoms how bad is it down there

bradz71
09-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Around here there was record flooding. There was water where I've never seen water before. I had 7.5'' and around my Amboy (my hometown) they had 8-9''.

JohnnyU
09-19-2008, 10:49 PM
They gonna let you ride the quad/trailer down here curl?

Redjosh
09-19-2008, 11:39 PM
well i am bringing it with me not to worried if i can or can't

JohnnyU
09-20-2008, 12:15 PM
well i am bringing it with me not to worried if i can or can't

I guess if we get STAFF shirts, there's not much they can say about it.... :icon_thumby:

Redjosh
09-20-2008, 11:34 PM
well i am sure someone will be using it when i am not using it

JohnnyU
10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Back to the top so people remember to mark their calendars.

Bray D
10-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Right on. I'm getting excited. I asked my bro and he said I can use his 33x14.50 SSR's for the event if noone buys my d35. They're brand spankin too.

Redjosh
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
i need a tranny stupid dodges

Burnside
10-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Sucks to hear about the diesel. That better not stop you. I might be able to get a picture of your truck on t-shirts if you make it :thefinger:

I ordered my wheels today, should be in "1-6 Business Days"

Might try to scramble and get my radiator in the rear of the truck so it'll actually cool down.

If nothing else at least a temp gauge lol.

Redjosh
10-03-2008, 06:45 AM
my truck is named so you can't make money on it with out me getting some ha ha j/k

i got some tricks up my sleeve to get down there but it will be tighter then one of your white tees

JohnnyU
10-03-2008, 07:19 AM
...I can use his 33x14.50 SSR's for the event...
Those will look sweet cruising around the rim of the pit! :thefinger:

Are you putting in the shirt order soon? Let me know if you want help with that.

I know all too well about the trans issues....:shok:

Bray D
10-03-2008, 10:14 AM
yeah yeah :thefinger:

I'm curious how my truck will perform with tires that actually have some tread.

That sucks about the trans, hopefully you get something worked out soon. I was out toolin around yesterday and my E-case won't go into 4lo. My cruise control won't go off when I hit the brakes either, so I'm thinking the brake sensor/switch is bad. I'm gonna start by cleaning the shift motor again, if that doesn't work then I've gotta find a way to bypass that switch or something.

Bray D
10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
I lucked out with the e-case, turned out to be a blown fuse. My e-case works again, as well as my cruise control. Gotta love the luxuries. I did a test fit with the SSR's, truck looks ANGRY lol

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/foxridersco05/GetAttachment1.jpg?t=1223303663

I flexed it out to check for fender clearance. I'll wait till after the bog to cut the overload spring on the leaf pack. Pics in showoff.

I went out to Levi's to check out the progress of the pit. he's making it HUGE. He piled up all the excess dirt into a massive pile, which I had fun climbing all over. Its like the shit at Twisted Trails (see CheapThrills thread). No pics. We were talkin about leaving the mound there, and surrounding it with the pit, but it may be too dangerous for the event. The last thing we need is a drunk guy rollin his truck off the top of this thing, its a good 8-10ft tall.

JohnnyU
10-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Went out and worked on the pit and rest of the property a little today. This thing's going to be badass once it's flooded. :icon_thumby:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Junes84/Back%20Field%20Bog%202008/IMG_1634.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Junes84/Back%20Field%20Bog%202008/IMG_1635.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Junes84/Back%20Field%20Bog%202008/IMG_1636.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Junes84/Back%20Field%20Bog%202008/IMG_1639.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Junes84/Back%20Field%20Bog%202008/IMG_1640.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Junes84/Back%20Field%20Bog%202008/IMG_1641.jpg

Bray D
10-14-2008, 12:04 AM
I ran went to Havana today to tie up a couple loose ends on the truck and dropped off a few fliers at O'reilly's. I also ran into a kid that goes to Spoon River College. He took a few and said he'd post em around some of the buildings.

Bray D
10-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Rain is GOOOOOOD! I doubt that it'll amount to much but at least it'll help soften the ground a bit.

KELLY88
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I have gotta get back to the midwest.

Burnside
10-17-2008, 02:14 AM
www.thebuzzpeoria.com

Check out the scrolling add in the center of the page.

wait for it...

wait for it...

:headbang:

Redjosh
10-17-2008, 06:51 AM
they picked your truck cause it was the only action shot

which is badass man

Bray D
10-17-2008, 10:23 AM
haha that is badass!

Redjosh
10-18-2008, 07:11 AM
well i am on my way to pick up my trans and will get it in tomorrow fingers crossed everything else goes good on it

JohnnyU
10-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Wirsch said you were going full billet, that's what I should do with mine. I still need to have mine rebuilt, and it's only getting worse....

Redjosh
10-18-2008, 11:50 AM
take it swimming and it will go out really fast for ya i payed 1600 for bullet torque converter and heavy duty clutches and i believe he said they ported the fluid passages 1 year unlimited mileage warrenty and 2 years on the converter

the place that did it has 2 96 cummins 3500 plow/dump trucks that have been going for 2 year with out a problem

Bray D
10-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Sounds great Curl! I can't wait for next Saturday, its gonna be mega badass haha.

I went out and helped work on the field yesterday, we've about got all the fence up, and the whole bog has been 2-row plowed. We got the pump ready but the PVC fitting wouldn't fit the pump. It got dark and I left, not sure if they found a correct reducer or if we'll have to get one today. Either way the water will be flowing ASAP.

I think we've decided to take the big pile down a notch or two, just too much of a liability. Levi plans to get a dozer friday, which will make quick work of the pile. This will also be the pull out vehicle for the bog.

JohnnyU
10-19-2008, 10:10 AM
I spent the day yesterday tying up loose ends on the truck. I think it's finished enough for now. Right now I'm debating taking it out there today for a little testing and to help finish up the fencing and what-not.

Redjosh
10-20-2008, 07:01 AM
trans is in took 4 hours but 13qts wasn't enough fluid so i have to get more today and see if that does the trick

16 qts to fill the entire transmission system

truck moves great and is ready to haul 8 hours

bradz71
10-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Looked at the forecast today, and if we get all the rain they are talking about, I might be able to make it down. I'm thinking I'll throw the 37'' Boggers on and probably just take my front fenders off so they will fit.

Bray D
10-20-2008, 10:03 PM
That would be awesome if you made it down Brad. I hope it gets it all out of its system by Saturday, if not, I don't mind playin in the rain

Redjosh
10-21-2008, 06:50 AM
i like the rain for playing in but not camping in the rain

JohnnyU
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Yea, I'm not so much looking forward to camping in the rain either.....

Redjosh
10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
well i loaded the truck in sleet today and i am rolling out at 8am tomorrow i should be in town around 6 or 7 if the wind is at my back maybe sooner

Burnside
10-23-2008, 02:30 AM
godspeed, see you tonight hoser. wish I could be there to see the people rubber necking at the beat to fawk dodge on 50" tractor tires getting towed down the interstate. :icon_surprised:

Redjosh
10-23-2008, 06:41 AM
DOT COPS here i come good thing i got all the red fuel out haha

JohnnyU
10-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Good luck and drive safe. I'll see you Friday when we pull in to Manito. Poor little town, they won't know what hit them when we all show up....

Wish I could run red fuel...and not get caught....:fie:

Bray D
10-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah right, Manito owns the offroad community. We've got so many hardcore wheelers here it isn't even funny. :bsflag: hahaha

I think you could get away with it John. I've never had a PoPo check my fuel before.

JohnnyU
10-23-2008, 12:21 PM
The $10,000 fine rerally makes the cost savings dwindle in a hurry though....

Bray D
10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
$10k, dang that's pretty rough.

JohnnyU
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, Curl should be about to Sparland by now, or well under way. Hopefully he didn't run into any bad weather along the way. After watching the news tonight, it looks like Saturday is supposed to shape up and be a pretty nice day!

I started packing up the truck last night, it's chained down, the cab's full of tools, parts, the canopy, tent, and other dry stuff. I'll finish packing and get the Dodge loaded tomorrow before we head out. I'm planning on leaving Peo-town around 4pm.

bradz71
10-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Even with the rain we have got today, it looks like I won't be able to get into the field on Saturday. So I'm 90% sure I will be be there.

Tomorrow I have to tear out my entire unload system on my corn dryer, which will completely suck to no end, but if all goes well, I should be able to get away for a day. I had a 1/2'' shaft snap and I had a 32-tooth sprocket go through my conveyor system to my dry leg, caused my dryer unload to fail and damaged both drag conveyors. Not cool at all.

Regardless I'm going to get things loaded up and ready to go. The BII got a new drag link tonight, now all I gotta do is sawzall the fenders more and put my Boggers on. Should be down between 10-11 on Saturday.

Burnside
10-23-2008, 10:41 PM
its curl i made it 10 mpg sucked a$$

Bray D
10-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Right on Brad! Look forward to seeing you there. I'm glad you made it down safely Curl, and yes, 10MPG would suck ass lol.

I talked to Adam yesterday morning, he was in the process of trash pumping water from the deep hole to the shallower part. Sounds like we've got plenty of water.

I'll be out there bright and early Sat morning, around 7:30 or so. I've gotta swap tires, slap on a sticker, and I'll be ready to roll.

bradz71
10-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Got my dryer fixed today, I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Bray D
10-26-2008, 09:06 AM
I got a decent amount of pics/vids of the bog. I'll post em up in showoff when I get time

JohnnyU
10-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Sounds good Bray! You gave the little Ranger hell yesterday. Had my electric fan not quit, and the front pinion yoke not been binding as bad I would have played more, it was getting hot fast with any amount of throttle, not to mention my fuel pump control circuit acting up. It wouldn't cycle the fuel pump until I had cranked it over to create sufficient oil pressure..... I was really disappointed that I had those problems, I was actually looking forward to getting into some of the holes once they were hogged out later in the day.

I didn't stay for the bands, but the turnout was fairly decent even if it wasn't what we were hoping for. I'll fix the issues on the truck and then I think it will be fairly solid. A set of softer coils would let the suspension move a bit better too.

Dangeranger3
10-26-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm sorry I didn't make it out. It would have been cool to meet all you guys. I guess maybe next time.

Bray D
10-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Danger - that's cool, I'm sure there'll be a next time

John - I was wondering why you weren't playing more. That explains it haha. Though the troubles you had were unfortunate, they're almost expected on a shakedown run. It happens. I do have a vid of you early in the day in some of the shallower stuff but it's your truck moving non-the-less haha.

I spent 5 hours cleaning my truck inside and out today. Went though and did the usual wheel bearing/brake cleaning and while I was in there I went ahead and pulled my 3rd out so hopefully I can sell that and get on with the D44 swap.

I plan to get pics up late tonight, so unless you guys are night owls like me, check for them in the morning

JohnnyU
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Well either way I'm disappointed by it, I was looking forward to playing more. I thought about just taking it out and hammering on it, but at the risk of blowing the front shaft and not being able to keep it cool if I got stuck for a long period of time, I just stayed in the shallow stuff.

I'm going to start tearing into it next week again to fix those things. I need to find a home for it for the winter since Steve leased the warehouse I was keeping it in. A new fuel pump relay, a 50A circuit breaker, and some creative grinding should do the trick, that or just bolt the stock mechanical fan back on. I also ordered some additional parts that will help me bring the caster back into spec. as well as roll the pinion angle up a little bit.

Like you said, it performed well and I'm extremely pleased with how things went on it's maiden voyage. I can't wait to see the pics/vids. I didn't get a chance to take a single picture.
:icon_cheers:

EDIT:
What was the status on the decals and hoodies? I never did hear for sure. I figured they didn't get finished in time.

bradz71
10-26-2008, 10:27 PM
John--here's one vote for the mechanical fan. Josh and I talked about this and both of us had problems with e-fans and switched back to mechanical. E-fans just don't last long in water and mud, and also I've never had a overheating problem once I switched back to a mechanical fan.

I got a lead on a couple of t-cases around here, but I think I want that case that I sold you John. Maybe my best option is just to swap in that 1354 with fixed yokes and take the e-motor off and lock it in 4-lo and leave it. I'll show pics of my output shaft and see what everyone thinks what went wrong whenever I get it pulled. It basically broke the top half of the output shaft--just like last time. Otherwise my rig held up just fine.

Can't wait to see the vids/pics!

Bray D
10-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I asked Adam about the stickers and hoodies and I guess it just fell through. He kinda blew it off as no big deal, maybe that was partially due to his hangover too. I never talked to Levi about it, I'm not sure if they're still being made or what.

Pics are being uploaded as I type. They'll be posted asap.

Bray D
10-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Pics are up. Now I gotta get the vids uploaded

Bray D
10-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Vids are up

NapalmMan67
11-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Hmmmnnn, that looked like it was fun...... maybe I should check this board more than once every 6 months. :sad:

Although I wasn't there, and even with the video- I don't beleive Unes was in the mud gettin his purty lil bowtie dirty!

JohnnyU
11-12-2008, 01:33 PM
You still have that winch from your Super Duty, wouldn't want to part with it would you? :D

NapalmMan67
11-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Sure John, I'd part with it. And for you, a special deal!

Only $20k for the winch, and I'll throw in a free Super Duty. :D