• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coilover TTB

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
In the quest to find the perfect spring for the TTB. I came across a picture or a ranger with the 4x4 TTB and coilovers. Has this been done by anyone on here? And if so, how does it perform? Thanks!

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Rookieshooter over on B2.org put coilovers on his rig, I believe the forums are still down but he has an absolutly huge build up thread where Im sure you'd be able to find a bunch of pictures and he'll glady answer any questions you ask him.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
They work awsome if set up right for what you want to do with the truck..

you do know your looking at close to a grand for coilovers on the cheap side...(FOA SHOCKS google it) and 1200ish from fox, king, sway a way(SAW's) or bilstien's. thats just for the c/o's.

you will also need a eng cage to mount the coil overs on.dont skimp on this as this is what will hold your truck up.

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
Yeah, I actually saw his writeup on the explorer forums (60+ pages!). However there wasn't anything on how well it performs. I do have a budget for this project, and i have a feeling that going with coilovers would push me out of that.

Edit: actually after going to FOA's sight and pricing out a single spring setup, it looks like i can have a pair of coilovers and springs for shy of $600. Thats not terrible when you subtract the cost of springs and shocks. I also noticed that giant motorsports had coilover upper mounting cage for sale, the only problem is that there site is down.

Last edited:

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
along with giantmotorsports, Chad McNeil of http://www.mcneiloffroad.com/

offers a bolt on eng cage to mount coilovers, and ALL of his stuff comes with a lifetime warranty.And the best part is he stands behind it.

I know this sounds stupid, but you do know you still have to have camber (drop brackets or cut and turned beams)and caster corection (longer radius arms or the c/o's are pretty much just bling then) for ride hieght increses(sp?)

performance will vary on how well you tune the spring rates and valving to your needs/type of wheeling etc.

if your only after a single spring rate, why not look in to custom coils(deaver etc) might save you a few bucks as a eng cage is in the 1000 range.

just a thought.

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
Thanks for the link! Thanks too for reminding me about the camber, yea i am going to need drop brackets.

I have tried to contact national spring about building me some coils, however i am having a hard time getting a response. I'll give deaver a try and see what i can find.

I am leaning towards just coils, but i want to make sure. Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals