• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I need a mild 2wd lift

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Ok guys, this is the complete opposite of everything I have done to my '96. I just picked up a '95 Ranger, 2WD, 2.3L, 5_speed for what seems like a good price. It has a broken coil spring and I still have my stock ones from the '96. I was just going to install them, but am thinking of doing a mild lift since it'll be apart anyway. I just want 2-3" max, just enough to notice and clear some bigger tires. I can't do the spring spacers, my shop won't inspect it that way plus I need coils either way. I've done some quick looking around and have not found a small lift like this. I plan on just adding a block to the rear to level it back out. This will be my daily driver/work truck if all goes well.

So if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

James

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
here's a couple things that come to mind. if you have the coils from your,96 you may be able to do something with this..

ebay Item number: 170260456808

i'm sure you copuld find one for the '95 somewere

DarkBlue03XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
rought country makes a 4" lift kit

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
autofab.com econo kit, simple to install, nothing will look funny for insepections and such...you will need a clean set of cores,rust free, california rust free.get you the better part of 4inch lift. and over 31's
I may beable to help you out on the cores if need be

http://autofab.com/econo2wd.htm

and you won't find a spindal lift for the 97 older I beam year rangers

what about a levling spring, that would get you 2inches of lift

Last edited:

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think a leveling spring is what you want.

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Yes, I would have to agree. Four inches would be too much for my taste right now. I want cheap and free would be great. I also want legal and safe though and don't mind paying for that.

I only paid $200 for the truck, its very dirty and has a ton of miles on it. It idles smooth and the body has little rust. I wasn't going to do anything it didn't need, but since the coil is broken anyway I might as well do some small upgrades LOL.

James

DarkBlue03XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well, if 4" is too big then it seems like your only option would be a leveling spring if you don't want coil spacers, and you can get blocks from jcwhitney for like 50 bucks or a junkyard

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Leveling coils are the answer. Who's though? I've seen several brands and just have no idea what I am really looking at. I would hate to put my springs in and have it ride like mush, know what I mean?

James

jas11151990

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Mazda B250
Transmission
Manual
I know you guys may hate me but i have a Mazda B2500 and want a 4inch lift and cant seem to find anything........any help?

volrath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I know you guys may hate me but i have a Mazda B2500 and want a 4inch lift and cant seem to find anything........any help?
tech section dude.

hey james what about the ford factory coil spacers from 90s f series? they are about 40 bucks new. and steel. then just get a longer bolt for the bottom.

~mitch

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
use doetsch tech 63092. its a 2ich front lift for 240.00 then u can buy some blocks.or u can get a 5/2 for 750.00

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
I don't know if the garage will pass any kind of spacer if it wasn't stock to the truck. I was down at my buddies garage last night and we got talking about how to do this as cheap as possible. He pulled out his books and we started comparing numbers/rates/ install heights. I can't believe this didn't hit me earlier, why not just install 6-cyl springs. The rate is a bit higher and should put a mild lift on the front end. I installed the tires today and don't "really" need a lift, I just want one now LOL

So the quest begins, I need to find someone who wants to part with there 6-cyl stock springs. My plan for this truck is to get everything cheap and do all the work myself.

The rims/tires I bought for another project and they were $100 used. They are just the basic black rock crawlers (or something of that nature) and some 29x10.5x15's. The exhaust needs done and I will install the Supertrap muffler that has been sitting in my garage for a few years cause the Red Ranger is to low for a 5.5" tip hanging down below the body. It has some rust marks on it that I am going to touch up and then wet sand smooth. The cab roof has rust on it from people loading long items over it and transporting them w/o something under it. I plan on using one of the bedliner sprays to fix that and may do the bed while I am at it. The interior is so F'n gross I have to pull it apart to clean most of it. It currently has the rubber flooring but will get switched over to carpet from the Red Ranger cause I want new for it. My goal is to have a reliable truck that doesn't look too shabby for under 1K.

James

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
get some 4 door sploder coils

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
I ordered a set from Moog for the 4.0. They are a variable rate cargo spring. I probably won't install them until inspection, no need to make to trips to the garage LOL.

James

94ugaranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hey, i got a 94 2wd with the 2.3L in it. I been wantin to lift the front up like you thinkin bout doin. The 4.0 springs sound like a good and cheap option. Got 2 questions: how much lift would that get on my truck and would there be enough adjustment in the alignment bushings to compensate for that or would i have to get new ones.
thanx

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals