PDA

View Full Version : torsion crank

mwood1985
09-04-2008, 06:59 PM
so i noticed my drivers side sagged a quarter inch lower than my passenger side so i consulted a buddy who said jack it up crank them all the way and turn them back out 4 turns and i should have it level all the way around an re align but what if when i try to crank em all the way they go an inch but niether will go all the way in and have half an inch of bolt left?

4x4junkie
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Your buddy's information is far from the ideal way to do it (and may lead to even more lean and/or improper ride height).

If you merely want to level it out side-side, just tighten up the driverside a little.
Do make sure the lean isn't being caused by something else in the suspension though (worn bushings/balljoints, broken leaf in the rear spring, etc).

Some penetrating lube (PB Blaster, etc.) on the bolts can help if they're rusty.

Chris.S.
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah your buddies info is a little off.

If you just crank em both in and then back 4 turns you will more than likely be out of level. Just crank the side that needs, 1/4" shouldn't take much, 3-5 turns maybe. Use the old guess and check method to get both sides even.

And lose some weight so the d-side doesn't sag like that!

j/k of course, it's unavoidable...

mwood1985
09-04-2008, 09:14 PM
well what i ment was correct the drivers side lean the drives side bar needed tightening and i wanted to correct the overall levelness of the front end ie pick it up to get rid of the factory rake and level that out too . my truck is an 01 4x4 by the way i