• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Track bar info needed for fw d44

madmax401

Reaction score
I need help figuring out just how im going to set up my track bar and steering. I have a full width d44 with coil springs . can you guys post some better pix of what you did and tell me what you bought and where you got it from ? the track bar that i have came from the f150 donor vehicle and is solid. some of the post said that i can use the steering box bolts for a track bar mounting point. here's what i got
1988 super cab
mounted my radius mounts to 1 of the old trans x member bolt holes
f 150 shock tower mounts with 22 1/2" spring length

:dunno:
:icon_idea: ?

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I need help figuring out just how im going to set up my track bar and steering. I have a full width d44 with coil springs . can you guys post some better pix of what you did and tell me what you bought and where you got it from ? the track bar that i have came from the f150 donor vehicle and is solid. some of the post said that i can use the steering box bolts for a track bar mounting point. here's what i got
1988 super cab
mounted my radius mounts to 1 of the old trans x member bolt holes
f 150 shock tower mounts with 22 1/2" spring length

For my axle i mounted my trac bar between the steering box bolts, i welded the bracket solid to the frame. I used the tracbar that came with the axle. I was told by the guy i got it from that it came out of a 77 f-150.

As for steering setup, i was up all night last night trying to figure out how to do mine. Im thinking that the parts im going to use are ...

ES 2234R option one for the right side tierod end
DS 922 option two for the right side tierod end
ES 2233L for the left side tierod end

ES 380R for one end of the drag link
ES 380L for the other end of the drag link.

ES 362S Adjusting sleeve 7/8 - 18

All of these steering components have a 7/8-18 thread The differences are right hand or left hand thread. The part numbers are all MOOG part numbers from their catalog.

The ES 2234 and 2233 are the origonal parts for a 1985 K1500 gmc 1/2ton pickup.

The 922 is the origonal connecting tierod for a 78 - 79 reg cab F-150, and is 49.56 inches long (i assume the measurement is inches)

The 380s are just tierod part numbers that had the right measurements on them. Im looking up the application as i type.... the application is F-250 years 73 - 67.

The easiest way i thought of to make the inbetween parts is to cut the adjusting sleeve in half and weld it to some DOM tubing.

I took into consdieration the taper sizes for the pitman arm and the steering knuckle on the axle i have for these parts. All of the specs are listed in the MOOG catalog if your local parts supplier sells MOOG. If not I've given you the application to be able to find the parts that way too.

EDIT:

I made an error the threads on the 922 are 1" not 7/8 to use the 922 you will need ES2064 for the other tierod and ES2066S for the adjuster.

Last edited:

brendank

It's only money...
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
A length of 1.5" x .250" DOM, some tube adapters and rod ends. Done.

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
A length of 1.5" x .250" DOM, some tube adapters and rod ends. Done.
haha, yea that works too. The ones i ordered earlier were the outters for an 85 K1500, the draglink rod end at the steering arm, and a ranger tie rod for the pitman arm side.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals