• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Daytime lights, lack of

romaniuk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So a few months back I lost my daytime running lights. I realized recently that the high-beams don't work either as long as the night-time lights aren't on (they should work with daytimes, right?). Signals and brake-lights work fine (as far as I know). I checked the fuse and it's okay. Any ideas? Is there a relay I should check? I can't seem to find info on it.

Also, while on the electrical topic, the temperature controls get really hot at the faceplace when the interior lights are on, to the point of almost being able to burn yourself on it. I've just been dimming them fully and it seems to work while I troubleshoot, except that I have trouble reading my speed.

I'm really not that concerned about the daytimes (as long as I have my night-time lights, brakes and signals I'm fine), but the thought of my truck catching fire, or melting my dash at night worries me a little.

Ranger: '96, 2.3L, regular cab, manual transmission

Any help would be great.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
So a few months back I lost my daytime running lights. I realized recently that the high-beams don't work either as long as the night-time lights aren't on (they should work with daytimes, right?). Signals and brake-lights work fine (as far as I know). I checked the fuse and it's okay. Any ideas? Is there a relay I should check? I can't seem to find info on it.

Also, while on the electrical topic, the temperature controls get really hot at the faceplace when the interior lights are on, to the point of almost being able to burn yourself on it. I've just been dimming them fully and it seems to work while I troubleshoot, except that I have trouble reading my speed.

I'm really not that concerned about the daytimes (as long as I have my night-time lights, brakes and signals I'm fine), but the thought of my truck catching fire, or melting my dash at night worries me a little.

Ranger: '96, 2.3L, regular cab, manual transmission

Any help would be great.
can a rbv tech advisor look at this post?

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
can anyone help on this one,sounds dangerous.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
there is a daytime running light module. Don't know where it is on a 96 but you might try unplugging it if you can find it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

romaniuk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Yah, that sounds like a good idea. Anyone know where the module is?

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It should be behind the left headlight.

Big-D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have the same trouble with my daytime running lights. I looked behind the left headlight to disconnect the module, but I'm not sure what it should look like. Can someone discribe it or put up a picture?

Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals