• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel problem or Ignition?

rkbrown13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I was driving down the hiway the other day and the engine quit sat there for about 5 minutes and it started. Then I get home unload some stuff I had in the back and about 15-20 minutes later I go to start in it wont start. I hold the gas peddle down a little it starts but runs really rough and wont idle. So next I can smell gas shut it off and look for the gas, it is pretty much pouring fuel out of the exhaust. Does anybody have any Idea what my problem could be?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I was driving down the hiway the other day and the engine quit sat there for about 5 minutes and it started. Then I get home unload some stuff I had in the back and about 15-20 minutes later I go to start in it wont start. I hold the gas peddle down a little it starts but runs really rough and wont idle. So next I can smell gas shut it off and look for the gas, it is pretty much pouring fuel out of the exhaust. Does anybody have any Idea what my problem could be?
Ruptured fuel pressure regulator? Check the FPR vacuum line for raw fuel, sometimes the diaphram ruptures and just literally allows fuel to enter the engine though the upper intake manifold. You might also check fuel pressure.

Pete

rkbrown13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Could it be a bad TFI control module giving to much fuel? Or doesnt that control the fuel?

rkbrown13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Figured it out it was thr fuel pressure regulator

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Figured it out it was thr fuel pressure regulator

Glad you got it figured out.

I could be mistaken on this, but from what I understand, the TFI module is sort of a translator between the pick up in the distributor, PCM, and coil. The TFI sends information from the pick up in the distributor to the PCM, PCM adjusts, then the PCM sends back telling the TFI module to fire the coil.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Pete

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals