• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Add a leafs

tanbuddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I jsut Bought a add a leaf for my brother in laws ranger. Superlift pn 2516, in the book at adv auto it was listed at 3' long, the thing they sent me was only 20". :temper:I know that will make the truck ride like crap. If anyone has different add a leaf kits could u tell me what brand they were and how long they were. I saw procomp had 3 for the ranger, 13120, 13133, and 13135. Im gonna get a new one but i want real measurements, i dont trust there computer any more. Thanks

tanbuddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No one has an add a leaf thay can measure? Im gonna order one this afternoon.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Your add-a-leaf idea is a tried and true method of getting a little bit of lift without removing and replacing the whole leaf pack. It does get a tad on the harsh side when it comes to ride quality. I wonder if you have checked out the technical library here. In there you will find an area on replacing your existing leafs with an Explorer rear leaf pack. Ride quality is not sacrificed by doing that and you gain some lift. Myself, what I did was take a wrecking yard leaf pack (two of them, one per side) and cut the eyes off them. I then removed my existing leaf pack but left the main leaf in place. Then, I installed the other leaf pack with the cut off eyelet onto my existing leaf pack (giving me one more leaf than factory). I ended up with an initial lift of four inches. It then settled down to a nice three inches. My ride quality did get firmer, but it's not a kidney busting firm. It feels like a truck should. It also picked up my load capacity too. Just some food for thought is all.

88mudder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
any add a leaf u put in there no matter what length is gonna make it ride worse, not much difference from the short to long ones from my experiences.

tanbuddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got the long superlift springs, Ill probablly put them in next week and see how they ride. Thanks

tanbuddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gonna put the springs on wed hopefully. Quick question, there are no spring isolators on the ends off the add a leaf. I have some laying around, im gonna drill a hole in the end of the adda leaf and put the pads on. THink this is a good idea?

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The isolators are there to minimize friction and reduce squeaking. Go for it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals