• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ahhhhhhhhh E G R

projectAtoB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i have a 2001 ranger 2.5 5speed and i cant get rid of the egr code.

I have replaced every part of the system except for the vacum lines but i have checked them extensivly. i cant feel or hear a vacume leak. i cleaned the gunk out of the intake. i took the metal tube off and cleaned it good and the code keeps coming back. I really hope someone else has had this problem and can help. i want to sell the truck to buy a gen 1 ranger to bag. im never gonna get decent money out of it until i fix the prob and i dont want to screw someone and lie and just cut the light off for a couple of days.

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I looked at your LAST post about the EGR code, dated 12/05/07.

You didn't post a code # in that thread either.

How much help do you expect to receive, if you won't even provide the most basic code # information? And, just EXACTLY what parts have you replaced?

Have you been to THIS site? http://www.tomco-inc.com/techinfo.aspx

You could learn how the Ford EGR system works, and how to troubleshoot its problems.

projectAtoB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i dont have a code reader and every time i went to advance they just told me what it was and i replaced it but i finally got them to give me a number.
P11409 is the code i looked at it and i thought it said P1409 but he assured me it had two ones. But anyways i was told that was for the egr controller. the part of the system that has the vacume lines coming from the manifold to this part. i have replaced this twice now. i replaced the egr itself. and there is a third part of the system towards the front of the motor that i dont remeber what the name was, but i replaced it to. i replaced both vacume lines coming from the manifold to the egr controller cleaned the intake inside where egr comes in cleaned the tube going from the egr to the manifold. Someone told me i might have a wiring prob. and i am color blind for one and just dont have alot of expierence with electrical. So i swallowed my pride and took it somewhere and they didnt find anything. i hope this gives everyone a better background.

projectAtoB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
this makes me feel not so dumb now. atleast it has everyone else stumped to.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals