• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Question about DIN sizing for 99 ranger

cr_the_machinist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I have a '99 Ranger that I am looking to do some audio work on soon. My question is..... Will a aftermarket double din head unit mount correctly into the dash? I know the stock is a double din and when I go to get a head unit I would like to get the same sized head unit to replace it. I think those adapter kit a cheap and cheesy. I was wondering if a double din would mount in with-out a problem in the stock slot.

Gum-B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
yes it can be done but it is not easy. the opening in the dash is not a full 2din hole. you have to build brackets that will secure the unit inside the dash with the dash covering off, and then you have to line everything up so that it will all go back on and be straight. The best kit for that truck is the Scosche FD1300. I use those kits everyday and they look really good i would advise you to go that rout before trying a 2din in your truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals