• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just wandering what I would be in for...

nickscalypsocoupe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2WD 94 Reg cab splash. I was thinking the other night about what all would be invovled in converting it to a 4wd. The trans, transfer case and all that is self explanatory to me. The thing I was wondering about was what all would be involved with doing a solid axle on the front? Also what all would be required for clearing 38's? Any input would be great guys!!:headbang:

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
You can get away with the trans the t-case if you would want to use a divorced t-case. Make a little driveshaft to the t-case then the other shafts to the axles, probably cheaper that way and still effective. I have no SAS experience on a Dana 44 or anything like that, I'm doing Rockwells so I do have some of the needed knowledge. How do you want to do the SAS. The most popular around here is a traditional ford style with radius arms. Some guys make their own and I've seen a few from Cage. I don't know what springs guys are using though. If you are seriously planing on 38s, you might want to consider something bigger than a Dana 44 if you are actually going to wheel it. If you do that you will need to find a different rear axle, unless you get the front narrowed. If you would back down to 35's a D44 should be safe enough. You need to create your own steering links as well as a trac bar and mount. I've seen a few mounts on here. I believe you can find an adjustable trac bar for a early bronco if I remember correctly. I don't know how high you need to go for 38s but that will play into a factor. You will need to set correct the pinion angle for the lift which is accomplished by welding the spring mounts in the proper location. But then you need to reset the castor of the knuckles. There is a lot to do; as long as you take your time, measure twice, cut once and make sure it's under the truck squarely you will be fine.

Matt

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals