• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help

kerzsr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 bronco ii
Transmission
Automatic
1984 bronco ii with 2.8,motor completly redone top to bottm auto redone also,problem i cant get the stater flywheel screaming to stop ,ideas? shim?with what HELPPPPPPP thanks kerzsr@ yahoo.com

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
1984 bronco ii with 2.8,motor completly redone top to bottm auto redone also,problem i cant get the stater flywheel screaming to stop ,ideas? shim?with what HELPPPPPPP thanks kerzsr@ yahoo.com
I think I may know what you're talking about (starter flywheel screaming), is the starter all that old?

kerzsr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 bronco ii
Transmission
Automatic
strter is new only turned mtr over with it twice

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It may be that the starter isn't retracting or power stays to the starter. If the solenoid is sticking - allowing power to the starter it (and the cable) will get real hot real fast; this is the least likely problem.

If the starter gear is hanging up it could be the starter it's self or that it may be mounted mis-aligned.

These are assuming that you have the right starter and flywheel combo - which you probably have if it started at all. I'd suggest removing the starter, taking a good look at it, and remounting - after checking the part number.

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It may be that the starter isn't retracting or power stays to the starter. If the solenoid is sticking - allowing power to the starter it (and the cable) will get real hot real fast; this is the least likely problem.

If the starter gear is hanging up it could be the starter it's self or that it may be mounted mis-aligned.

These are assuming that you have the right starter and flywheel combo - which you probably have if it started at all. I'd suggest removing the starter, taking a good look at it, and remounting - after checking the part number.
Second that, and if the starter checks out maybe look at the solenoid for the starter...I believe it's still on the passenger side finder near the battery...I don't have too much experience with the 2.8 Liter

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals