• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger in the news.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
That's cool!

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
They refered to the Ranger as Grandpa... :black_eye:
-First off, It's Grandma
-And Second, She's still sexy as ever

wcurtin1962

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Like Dave Ramsey says: It’s old fashion, it’s boring and it works!

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
They refered to the Ranger as Grandpa... :black_eye:
-First off, It's Grandma
-And Second, She's still sexy as ever
Its still the best looking pickup truck on the road that still looks like a truck. Small,midsize or full. It doesnt pretend to be a car. Its good for a daily driver and the hauling options always there. Great on gas and very dependable.I willl take that over all the fancy fluff out there right now.:icon_cheers:

ET

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
At least the article was about F-150's and they showed a picture of a Ranger... Reminds me of Terminator 2 when the XR 100 sounded like a 2 stroke stupid people...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They said it got the best milage of the pickups, but it is too bad they bashed it on everything else.

crazy96863

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
They said it got the best milage of the pickups, but it is too bad they bashed it on everything else.
That is your typical liberal Anti-American media rearing its ass again! They never mention how tough the little SOB is. I have seen many of these trucks literally going through hell and keep on running strong. I put a couple there.

They never mention how it is a little work horse that will run for a few hundred thousand miles getting the shit kicked out of it. They don't mention that it is the most likely to survive having its load ratings dramatically exceeded or even how cheap it is to own.

They have know idea how to rate a vehicle let alone a truck.

You would think that they would consider this: If it really is so crappy, why have sales remained not only strong, but among the highest in the industry when the truck hasn't had a 'make over' in 10 years? It is because people know a good thing when they see it. This grandma or grandpa, which ever you prefer, is outselling most of the more recently modernized trucks. I think the facts speak for themselves on the type of truck this is.

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Ugh. FOX News. I feel like my IQ just dropped 10 points by clicking on that link. But anyway, ya it's cool that the 2.3 got the best fuel mileage rating. I don't get what the deal was with calling them weak in towing and load capacity. It's a 4-cylinder, not a Powerstroke V8. Also they said it could "do with a trip to the gym." WTF? Last time I looked the Ranger didn't exactly have the love handles look. But anyway. Props to the Ranger. Dominating again.

mhagedon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It was never a question. The ranger has been the best little truck since 1983.

Delford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Wow
The 2.3L engines puts out 153 HP. My 92 3.0L v6 puts out 145 HP. If I could get 21 mpg it would be worth it for my purposes. I haul myself to work and back and haul wood to burn during winter. I'll have to check it out.

FO44RD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998, 2001
Make / Model
FORD, PONTIAC,
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That is your typical liberal Anti-American media rearing its ass again! They never mention how tough the little SOB is...

...They have know idea how to rate a vehicle let alone a truck...

...You would think that they would consider this: If it really is so crappy, why have sales remained not only strong, but among the highest in the industry when the truck hasn't had a 'make over' in 10 years? It is because people know a good thing when they see it. This grandma or grandpa, which ever you prefer, is outselling most of the more recently modernized trucks. I think the facts speak for themselves on the type of truck this is.

WELL SAID!

86_cookiemonster

November '08 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 liter
Transmission
Automatic
That is your typical liberal Anti-American media rearing its ass again! They never mention how tough the little SOB is. I have seen many of these trucks literally going through hell and keep on running strong. I put a couple there.

They never mention how it is a little work horse that will run for a few hundred thousand miles getting the shit kicked out of it. They don't mention that it is the most likely to survive having its load ratings dramatically exceeded or even how cheap it is to own.

They have know idea how to rate a vehicle let alone a truck.

You would think that they would consider this: If it really is so crappy, why have sales remained not only strong, but among the highest in the industry when the truck hasn't had a 'make over' in 10 years? It is because people know a good thing when they see it. This grandma or grandpa, which ever you prefer, is outselling most of the more recently modernized trucks. I think the facts speak for themselves on the type of truck this is.
dude I hate that they bashed the ranger. But fox news is defiantly not a Liberal or Anti American news network. They are part of a religion (which i happen to be a part of) that asks its self WWRD

Bunnell1988

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow, thats cool that the Ranger made #1 on the list, but damn.... grandpa...wtf?

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Um, i love my colorado but i will say that my 87 Ranger is built twice as strong.

Anyone whos seen pics of my ranger knows what im talking about....my truck is a testement to just how tough a ranger can be....

Some of the feats its accomplished in her 21 years of hard living....
Hauled a 4x8 open utility trailer, plus a bedfull of firewood from toledo to my house almost every weekend for 2 yrs straight, toledo is 45 minutes away, enough weight wear the bumper was almost dragging the ground.

Pulled out stuck/broken down, cars, trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, about anything with wheels.

Been drivin through corn fields, creeks, and other places a 2wd shouldnt be going.

Drug a solid concrete porch that was about 4ft by 6ft and 2 -3ft tall (basically a slab) across my yard to behind the barn.

Hauled 27 bundles of shingles@90lbs a piece IN THE BED

Hit numerous deer, including the 10pt i smoked at 60mph that did the uh....custom bodywork to the front end.

Never been wahsed since the early 90's.

Never had a starter,alternator, fuel pump, water pump, NOTHING changed in the 21 yrs and 300,000+ miles ive had it, only normal matinance items (brakes shocks, etc.)

Bought it brand new with .5 miles on it.

Only left me stranded twice, once because of a failed ignition module and the other because i rigged up fuel pump wireing and it corroded.

Hauled, pulled, etc well over the GVWR on many, many occasions.

Been used as a battering ram, bulldozer, and "combine" (dont ask)

Made it though headlight deep snow and bumper deep water.

Rolled into a tree.

I could go on all nite....tell me these little trucks aint tough....

later,
Dustin

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals