• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tilting to the driver's side

MFerioli

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just noticed last night that my truck is tilted toward the driver's side, the gap between the wheel and the top of the wheel well is smaller on that side (about an inch +). The only thing I can think of is that the gas tank was 3/4 full and its on that side. Is this a common thing to have happen when filling up with gas? Do I have something else going on?

Thanks,
Mike

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
My ranger (as well as aLOT of other peoples' rangers) lean to the drivers side.

Think about it, the gas tank, the battery, and the driver all sit on the drivers side. I don't know about most others, but I put stuff on the drivers side of the bed when I do because that way I don't have to walk around to the other side all the time.

Probably the only thing you can do is either relocate your battery and cut a bit out of your spring on the passenger side... but I honestly wouldn't recommend the spring part.

wcurtin1962

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Check your rear spring on that side. Both of my middle leafs broke just after the axle at the rear of the springs. Also check your spring hanger on the rear end they tend to rust out!

MFerioli

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, just wanted to make sure that this was a normal occurance. Makes sense that it would with about 120 lbs of gas sitting on one side of the truck!

Thanks dude

I looked under there and didn't see any breakage, I also just derusted and painted my shackle on that side, so I think they are ok. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i stopped our 88 ranger from sagging on the drivers side real easy......i stopped driving it.Somehow the gas tank on the drivers side combined with the 275+lbs, was enough to make it lean really bad. I noticed when pulling up to advance auto, truck leaning with me in it, i get out, no more lean....i was sad.

th31d10t

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 4cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Just about every ranger that I have seen has some sort of lean towards the driver side. I have seen it nicknamed in many places as the Ranger lean. Everything that I have seen has said that it is from the location of the gas tank.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals