• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stock foglight replacement (93-97)

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking to buy a fog light valance to replace my current beat up stock one without the fog light holes. But that also means that I do not have the stock fog lights and brackets, and after checking the prices at the U-Pull-It it would cost just as much to buy new and build the brackets as it would to take the wireing, switches, lights, and brackets from the truck with the fog lights. Anyone know of a (cheap) light that would fit into the holes with little to no room to spare? Currently I just have some little 4 inch lights laying around, but they're too small.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
i just sold mine off my truck not too long ago, i can tell you the brackets for the factory lights were beefy cast steel, it was complete overkill. did you try certifit.com? they are really cheap for that kind of stuff

Yellowsplash

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
You can get the fog light lamp assemblies as well as the lower valence off ebay...As far as the bracket; I just welded a tab of metal off of the frame and bolted the foglight to the tab of metal. Works...

I hard wired mine into a separate switch... My truck was already pre-wired for the fogs. Yours should be too. Just peak under the bumper and you should see the wire hanging down from the header panel. All you might have to do is add a relay and/or fuse to the appropriate spots in the fuse box, and possibly a fog light switch. I’m not sure if there was a switch for your year or not.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the help, I couldn't find one at the yard, they just had a couple XLT's and one that I had no clue what it was, but it said Sport down the side and had alot of aftermarket parts on it. Some little ricer truck. Might have to go back and take its roll pan. :icon_thumby: Anyway, I can find the valance/lights/brackets online pretty cheap, I just hate paying 40+ dollars for shipping..

Super95

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Black Ford
Engine Size
2.3 SOHC dual plug
Transmission
Manual
harley-davidson passing lamps

I put a foglight valance on and i used chrome H-D lamps, cause i had them laying around, i made brackets out of 3/16'' x 1'', bent a 90 degree and a put a twist in it, drilled some holes and mounted to the pre-existing bumper bracket bolts. The lights fill the holes about perfect, about a 1/8 + gap around. That was the easy part, the wiring took me the longest.
The lights arent exactly cheap brand new tho, but a few different styles are available, but if your into swap meets...
I have about $75 tied up in my setup , but $60-65 was the genuine Ford valance i bought new (splurge), and had the lights and the means to fab the brackets, had the relay,switch and breaker, even used wire conduit 2 b neat.
Wire in a relay, circuit breaker,fuse, and switch youll be set.
As far as lighting they project a little more of a spot than a wide spread beam, im pleased with the results, and the lighting. I couldnt find oem style replacement brackets and lights, so there u have it :)

Jon Boy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you'll have to watch to make sure which ones you get (2 kinds, trap and flood), you'll want the 35watt (stockers are 35watt) trapazoid (sp?) tractor/mower/utility lights. got them at the local farm supply here, i have seen them in A-Zone too. they are the ones with 4in rubber housing on them (i say 4in, but they take up just about the whole opening), usually 1 to a box and they fit great. only thing i don't like about them is the bulb is all one piece glass.
mine 93 came stock with fog lights, so you'll need to get a switch, maybe a relay and fab a couple brackets. i used these when my old lights got totally busted out. lol

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals