• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mounting lights

nick112207

Reaction score
For those who have mounted Driving lights on your front end, where did you attach the tabs to do this? i'm not sure where behind the bumper i put the tabs. i want to do this without drilling the actual bumper. I've seen them mounted on the 1998 and up trucks. I have a 1995. ive also seen light tabs used on the 1993 through 97 trucks. where did you guys put the tabs?

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Anyone have any input on this? I'm in the same boat. I'd like tabs for my 94 with stock front bodywork but not sure where to look. I have no fab skills either.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
look thru the the thread about the off road lighting. where do you put your lights.

or just get out and look, and figure something out. i personally don't know... since i have an 88 lol

407Link

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
your going to have to drill something just do it where it can't be seen

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Right, would be much easier if someone already made tabs for the gen 3 trucks though.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
gen IIIs are kinda orphan children. haha. it always seems kinda hard to find stuff for them

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
on my truck what I did was got a piece of 1/2" x 1/8th x 3ft flat bar and I mounted it behind the bumper. Then I created 4 tabs and drilled the flat bar so they would be evenly spaced. Then bolt it to two of the bolts on the back of the bumper. If I made that two confusing I'll try to get a couple pics of how I did it later.

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think the light tabs for the newer trucks would work find on the Gen 3 trucks. There's the bumper bracket bolts that could be used to mount some L brackets in there.

StuffForYourRanger.com used to make these but their site has been down forever.

Seems such a simple thing: a L bracket, probably 1" by 3"

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
on my truck what I did was got a piece of 1/2" x 1/8th x 3ft flat bar and I mounted it behind the bumper. Then I created 4 tabs and drilled the flat bar so they would be evenly spaced. Then bolt it to two of the bolts on the back of the bumper. If I made that two confusing I'll try to get a couple pics of how I did it later.
I was thinking of doing something like this to mine. It would work great on the third gen trucks, the top bumper bolts aren't too far from the top of the bumper. You could possibly use that to mount the bar.

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I went to a local fabricator and he's going to fab some up for me. We're going to use the bolts through the bumper mounts. Should have them by the weekend

rkneeshaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
A local fabricator/welder made me up some L brackets and they turned out great. If I remember right the measurements are something like 2.5" x 3.5", and they bolt right on using the top bumper bracket bolt and its nut. Final result:

I'll get them aimed tonight and test them out. :headbang:

If there is interest from other gen 3 owners I could ask the fabricator if he would be interested in making a few more sets, just let me know

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals