• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Trailer Finally DONE!

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well, what started out as a "I'll build a small trailer this month" turned into a "Hmmm, I want it to look good too...."

Well, it's only a utility trailer. 6x9' - 3500lb axle, wheels are getting painted black soon. I've only got around $800 in it. Most of the steel is scrap (25 cents a pound locally) while all the box tubing I had to buy new. Main frame is 2x2x1/8 box tubing, cross rails are 1.5x1.5x1/8, angle iron is 2x1/8, deck is 1/8" and the sides are 3/16". The deck is a little heavier than I had planned on, but you can't argue with 25 cents a pound. Paint is standard gloss black with a roll on bedliner deck.

And it's finally DONE! (except for the wiring).

Hopefully I'll be using it soon to pick up my four wheeler. It looks too nice right now, gotta put some scratches on it...

Danger06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986/2001
Make / Model
Ford/Mercury
Engine Size
4.0L/351M/2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
Very nice, wish mine looked that good.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
Definitely looks nice and way better than mine. The one thing I REALLY hate about my 6x8 trailer is the stainless steel flooring that the previous owner put on the thing. When I tilt the bed and try to load my lawn tractor it just wants to spin the tires on the stainless for a while until it works it's way forward. The roll on bedliner definitely sounds like it would grab though.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Damn handy size. I want one that size for little jobs. But I've got so many license plates to renew every year as it is, I don't want another one.

Nice look, angling the stanchions like that. Even a Corvette would look right pulling that trailer. And that is indeed very heavy decking for that. Nice though. My big trailer has a steel deck and it's great. Loud when you pull it empty but yours probably wont be. I love the D-rings. I've welded them all over my trailer and equipment. Nothing sux worse than standing around wondering how to gripe something down.

Edit: Oh, and the grommet lights--I have them now and am sold on them. I'm going to switch mine to LEDs one of these years. They are extremely durable. I bought this trailer from Sambo when I got rid of my 2-car hauler maybe 3 years ago and have replaced one light.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals