• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duratec starting

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I know a few other guys on the board have Duratecs and have said that they take longer to start than normal. Mine has been doing this pretty often lately, it's got me wondering. Anyone ever figure out what causes this? If I bring it to the dealer they'll just reflash the computer and say it's good :dntknw:

2004b2300dude

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
depending on how many miles it has you might try replacing the fuel filter and running a tank of supreme gas through it, maybe a little bit of marvel mystery oil fuel additive.

zilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not sure if it's related, but my 05 was starting hard once in awhile. Acted like it was loaded up.

Took it to the dealer and there was a service bulletin for it. They reflashed the computer. Seems fine now.

Ric

...RedShred
U.S. Military - Veteran
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My 07 takes a few seconds to start every morning as well. I even wait a reasonable time with the key on before keying it to start so the fuel rail pressurizes. I just figure it's suppose to do that as it's consistantly the same amount of time to start.

aggoodin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My 07 does the same thing and my wifes 03 Protege (a 2.3 is a bored out 2.0) has taken a few cranks to start since it had 0 miles on it. I was concerned about the Protege at first but nothing has ever gone wrong with it so when I went to test drive the Ranger it did not surprise me that it starts exactly the same way.

indyranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
08 doin it too

I've got an 08 and it cranked longer than I expected right from the very first time I started it. It's not truly excessive but just a little more than most other vehicles. Kind of annoying

mackdaddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My 2010 only has 3600 km on it and some times the tac bounces a little in the morning when I start it and it's not cold enough to say it's a cold start. Is anything wrong?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals