• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 2.8 problem

MUDDOG

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello folks...I was referd over here from Pirate4x4...

I have an 84 B2 with the 2.8 & a manual...The thing just died(9 years ago) & wont start...I have been working on & off for 9 years & cant figure it out..

Heres what Iv done.
Replaced the coil,TFI,alt,selinoid,rotor,starter...

What could be causing it not to start?.The motor turns over nice,fast & free..Im getting gas & just found out I dont seem to be getting a spark thru the coil...On the coil theres an orange wire thats broken off...What would this be?? I dont see the other part of the wire anywhere & I dug into the wiring harness where it should be..

Could this orange wire be my prob?

Here are pix I took lastnight..Im getting power to the 2 white/blue dot wires & get power comming from the green & orange only when they are pluggd in..

Thanks for any help

Teoma

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do you have power at the coil? The other thing that I would suggest, if you haven't changed it yet, would be the distributor module.

MUDDOG

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Do you have power at the coil? The other thing that I would suggest, if you haven't changed it yet, would be the distributor module.

I have power comming to the coil thru the white/blue dot wires...

distributor module has been changed..

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If the new coil doesn't put out a spark when it gets juice, it could be in the computer. Start by puling the trouble codes. A wiring diagram could help you trace bout ends of wires.

If you can convert to DuraSpark legally where you live, I'd do that before dumping money into the stock system because all the stock parts have to be in proper working order.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals