• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cliffs July 26th & 27th

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
Finally!!! Most of you know why I've been gone from this site and wheeling for a while, and I've finally gotten everything in my life caught up and together enough to get back to wheeling. So needless to say, I'm ready wheel, very, very badly.

I'm going to have the BII ready for its shakedown run. My buddy and I are going wheeling at the Cliffs July 26th and 27th. Some Toyota club is having an event there, so there might be a bigger crowd than normal.

We plan on hitting more of the serious trails, as I'll be running my sas BII on my 37'' Boggers in the morning, then switch back to my 33'' LTB's after a while, and Robb is running SAS 'Yota on 38.5'' Boggers.

Its going to be a motorsports weekend for me as I will be tractor pulling Thursday and Friday in Amboy, IL; then load up and haul down to my buddy's place Friday night through Sunday.

Until then I have a rollcage, locker, axle seal, shock mounts, fix the steering, and 1 body mount to install, and the BII will be finished with no more upgrades. Once it is wrecked, it will be scrapped and parted out in favor of a new, built from the ground up trail rig.

Last edited:

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
Cage, shock mounts, and a new body are going in this weekend......

Still looking for a new more people to tag along, sounds like there will be a decent follow from the 'Yota club and a few people from fullsizebronco.com.

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
Going to be over 50 'Yota's there. Looks like it will be packed.

Planning on being there around 8:00 a.m. Saturday to try to beat the crowd. I will be in a grey extended cab Duramax with my blue BII.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure if Burnside will be going or not, but I'm likely sitting this one out. My dad will be back in town for a couple weeks so I'm thinking I can make some serious headway with the D60 if he wants to come out and help me with it.

I'm planning on getting the old brackets cut off and the outside cleaned up tonight, as long as the weather clears up.

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure if Burnside will be going or not, but I'm likely sitting this one out. My dad will be back in town for a couple weeks so I'm thinking I can make some serious headway with the D60 if he wants to come out and help me with it.

I'm planning on getting the old brackets cut off and the outside cleaned up tonight, as long as the weather clears up.
I'll probably get a hold of him sometime this week and see whats going on.

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
Just got back...

Wheeled kinda light in the morning, the 'Yota guys where kinda unsocial, but I met up soem with Great Lakes Jeep Club guys and ran with them until I broke my front output shaft.

The suspension works great, tires work great, and overall I'm really happy with my SAS. Can't wait to swap in a new t-case and get it going again.
I'll have pics up sometime tomorrow.

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Glad you had a good time man! What did you do to snap the front output? Doesnt seem like a common failure...

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
I snapped the slip spline on the front output shaft. I hit a hole at full throttle, which popped my front end up about 2ft in the air, and when I landed there was a "pop" and I lost power to my front tires and my front driveshaft was just hanging on my tranny crossmember. No biggie, I have an extra electric t-case that I'm just going to lock in 4-Lo and leave it there.

I'm thinking that when I hit the hole, I completely unloaded the front suspension, thus pulling the front driveshaft splines nearly completely out of the t-case, then when I landed at full throttle, that force from 100% power and the force from the nearly pulled out spline being shoved back into output shaft was too much for it.

My driveshaft isn't too long or short, it just doesn't have enough spline to the slip yoke on the front driveshaft. So I think I need to flex my suspension out and see if I need a limiting strap to limit my downtravel on that side.

Here's a couple pics:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals