• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Blower Bracket Photos

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone!

I finally had some time this morning to snap a few quick pictures of my blower brackets. There are some photos on the web site, but for anyone who wants to see how I mounted the blower without going there, have a look:

This picture shows the pedestal mount that's bolted to the RH engine mount. It's a length of .25 inch steel custom bent for this purpose. The pedestal is bent at the top so it can bolt to BOTH sides of the blower mounting bracket.

This is a front view of the mounting bracket, which is constructed of three lengths of angle iron welded together, with bolt holes to mount the bracket to the pedestal, the rear torque arm (upper RH side of the photo), the front torque arm (that piece of plasma cut steel that extends toward the right and bolts to the AC mounting pad) and the blower, itself. At the rear of the mounting bracket, please note that the cross piece I've added in order to accomodate the adjustment slots at the rear of the blower has been cut so that the supercharger actually sits directly upon the mounting bracket.

Here we have the view from the RH side of the engine compartment. The front torque arm is clearly visible as it crosses over the engine. Also, you'll note the front mounting bolt for the supercharger.

The whole thing bolts together as in this drawing:

Sorry about my pathetic drawing! I hope you get the idea . . .

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
That looks considerably different than what you stared with.

The drawing is OK, I've built stuff from worse.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
That looks considerably different than what you stared with.
The bracketry hasn't been modified that much. I've only added a rear torque arm and the adjusting slots to realign the blower pulley.

The drawing is OK, I've built stuff from worse.
Thanks, Dave! You won't believe how long it took me to draw that up, though! Does the assembly of the thing make sense?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals