• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trying For Better Gas Mileage

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I'm back ---got the cd on run your car on water---been going threw it it has a lot if good things in it.Got a copy of the smacksbooster---lot of good things in it to. like the plate sit up in it-change it some like the straps in it got soild stainless straps in mine--So all ready started and got 2 sets of the plates ready to put in 2 units.Thinking about changing the outside of the unit to let you all know how it comes out.ANYONE GOT any ideas like to know.:stirthepot:

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Just keep good records of mileage before and after along with any other changes that you make to the truck. Many people will say that you are wasting your time. I say give it a shot. Very interested on results. I have done some research on this. Good luck to you.

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Just keep good records of mileage before and after along with any other changes that you make to the truck. Many people will say that you are wasting your time. I say give it a shot. Very interested on results. I have done some research on this. Good luck to you.
Thank's alot-----I let you know how it goes,got to start somewhere

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
And don't be offended when this topic gets banished to the tin foil hat forum we on TRS call the "alternative fuels" forum...

IF someone makes a documentable , repeatable and Demonstratable on demand system then we can move the topic but until then....

Bye, bye: Topic moved.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
this is the proper place for it anyways. let us know how you do. you will hear a ton of people that tell you how imposable it is that youre getting the results you do, but you will see first hand that they work, and nobody can tell you that what youre seeing is wrong. i mean, after all... i saw gains from my unit, but i was told it didnt work.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
It is a common phenomena in scientific research.

If you proceed into reasearch with a preconceived notion you tend to "prove"
whatever you believed in the first place.

This is part and parcel of the old saying that when you perform an expirement
and it comes out EXACTLY the way you expected it to you learned NOTHING.

IF you expect positive results and you don't get them most people will
try to determine what they did wrong rather than admit their original
premise was WRONG.

It gets worse with things like global warming where science gets politicized.
But that pus up a false idea, that when science gets politicized
that ANY science survives, when in truth it doesn't.

AD

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It is a common phenomena in scientific research.

If you proceed into reasearch with a preconceived notion you tend to "prove"
whatever you believed in the first place.
Yup, absolutely. The problem is so pervasive, it has a name: "confirmation bias."

It's the reason for double-blind tests. It's why NOT doing them is grounds for denial of publication.

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
It's coming along good----Think I got the amp down where I want them-Got the #2 unit running now trying diffence things-I'm running #1 unit -and #2 so I can see what things to change--runing great-in a week or 2 we will see what the gas mileage checks out to be-good -or bad will give cost of materials a little later on.:pray:

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Run the 2 unit for 2 hours amps-is at 17-----that 's better than 20-going to do some more testing in the morning.Got a 3 unit i'll be testing also.Going to try to get the 1 unit on by the end of next week I hope.See if it works or not

reno

Reaction score
Run the 2 unit for 2 hours amps-is at 17-----that 's better than 20-going to do some more testing in the morning.Got a 3 unit i'll be testing also.Going to try to get the 1 unit on by the end of next week I hope.See if it works or not
Less amps = less heat = less HHO. Hey Makg, what if we ran a line from the exhaust to the "HHO" to produce more heat\gas fume mixture? Would that change much of anything? Just asking, not building or going back to HHO is going to change the world for the better, just thinking outside the box I guess.

Last edited:

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
You could be right but then again you could be wrong------mine is shrink wrap to cut down on the amperes,and for less heat.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Less amps = less heat = less HHO. Hey Makg, what if we ran a line from the exhaust to the "HHO" to produce more heat\gas fume mixture? Would that change much of anything? Just asking, not building or going back to HHO is going to change the world for the better, just thinking outside the box I guess.
In principle, heat electrolysis ought to work. This is observed in O and B stars (big friggin hot massive stars, easily seen even in fairly distant galaxies). It almost certainly happens during supernovae or other nuclear blasts.

But the kinds of temperatures you need make it happen will bathe the truck in hard X-rays. The surface of the sun isn't hot enough (it's only a G star), though the interior is. And thermal radiation is extremely inefficient; you'll need a small commercial power plant to do it.

You could make a heat generator to do that (say, a Stirling engine), but you're still not going to get out what you put in. All that heat comes from gasoline. Basically, you're trying to power a house with a potato battery. Yes, it works, but not on anywhere near the scale you need.

It's not heat that makes electrolysis work. It's electromagnetic forces. If you boil water, it doesn't electrolyze. Electrolysis works by jiggling electrons (that's what electric current is) enough to make them jump from oxygen to hydrogen, which releases the chemical bond between them. It's distinctly nonthermal.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
MAKG,

WTF are you talking about?

Water decomposes at 1700-something C

AD

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It's more like 3500 deg C for complete dissociation (which is what you need here), but it really doesn't matter, since an electric current is not thermal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals