• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Best wheeling spots

Brandon12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
Transmission
Manual
So where are the best wheeling spots in Washington? The only spots I know of are Reiter Pit and a few little Mt. trails.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The only ones I've been to are Tahuya (over by Belfair, WA) , Evans Creek ( Above Carbonado, WA, by Mt. Ranieer) Elbe Hills ( by Elbe, WA) and then also Little Naches area, but I haven't been there in a few years.

Tahuya is by the far the most stocker friendly though. Alot of easier trails.

If you aren't afriad of a small amount of body damage, then Elbe, and Evans are much more fun I think.

I'd bee cool to have somebody else to wheel with too.

mkpecor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger 4x4
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
evans creek, elbe hills, little naches, walker valley, crystle mountain, [during summer], north bend area. utube these places ,check um out.

Brandon12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
Transmission
Manual
All right thanks. I will have to wait til I get a job so I can have gas money to go that far and to buy parts after I break them haha.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Are you that hard on the truck???

I've been wheeling a couple dozen times since September and haven't broken anything... I have the D35 front and 8.8 rear, but the 4.0L probably sufficient power to blow those to peices (D35 anyway). Other than that, all I've done is body damage.

Brandon12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
Transmission
Manual
No but I just replaced the grill and bumper because I hit a tree a while back and idk how long my transfer case is gunna last. It works right now but it makes some noise. The engine is fine though. And all depending on if I swamp it or not at those places.

yugregnar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Looking for spots myself Ive been to evans creek before and it is awesome. Just make sure you have good tires, the rocks will tear them up. My last adventure there I was with a buddy and I had a flat tire. So I get out to change the tire, put it in park set the brake and turned it off. I get done changing the tire and get going for another 4 hours of wheelin.But the I notice Im in four low, strange since when I stopped it was put into 2 high. My buddy decided to put it there so it wouldnt roll away and the damn thing locked up tight, but only in the left front where i was changing the tire. So after trying everything to get it unlocked I had to drive off the mountain with one locked hub and the others free. So I lost alot of gear oil out the overflow tube and after hitting every bump, hole, and divit it finally unlocked but the damage was already done. He never offered to help pay for the repair of the damage he did to it. Said it wasnt his fault. Just like I have always said, "keep your effin hands off my Ranger".

7.3dieselranger

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3l idi diesel
Transmission
Automatic
check this site out they talk about the trails a bit and most all of them have trail maps, i am sure there are more trails then they list but here is a good list.
http://www.nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm

wild horse

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
Well you got elbe hills then theres evens creek and I go to beaver ponds in puyallup but theres also a place way up north called tahuya and I'm not shure if thurston county is still open or not but you can just look it up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals