• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Report: Ford talks with Chinese to sell Volvo

hades

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I just found this article in Auto News while looking for some car stuff. I hope you find interesting too.

Ford Motor is in negotiations with a Chinese company to sell its Volvo cars division, the Swedish business publication Dagens Industri reported today on its Web site.

A Russian investor is also believed to be interested in acquiring the division, the report said.

Media reports have suggested that the Chinese company involved in talks is Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp.

A Ford spokesman said: "We have been consistently saying since the end of last year that Volvo is not for sale. We are focused on improving Volvo's business results."

To get updates from the automotive industry, also visit Drive In Tunes

wcurtin1962

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The sooner the better!:bye:

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not so fast. Volvo may pull a better profit. Ford lost huge money last quarter]
Volvo's biggest asset to Ford is the huge market they have in the heavy industrial part of the market, not their cars. Don't sell their cars short either. They are very well engineered and can be made to run. My best buddies son is a master technichian with Volvo and can get a safe 400hp out of a five cylinder.
Dave

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
They also suck to work on, like every other European luxury vehicle. My dad just sold his S80 AWD with the T5 because the engine sounded like it was dying everytime he started it up. Way too loud, and the transmission bucked when it shifted. Volvo said it was unfortunately how it was designed/programmed.

Volvo's were good back in the 80s and early 90s when you could actually work on them.

NXD 5150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005-1987
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3 - 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Volvo's biggest asset to Ford is the huge market they have in the heavy industrial part of the market, not their cars. Don't sell their cars short either. They are very well engineered and can be made to run. My best buddies son is a master technichian with Volvo and can get a safe 400hp out of a five cylinder.
Dave

It is my understanding that ford bought only the car side of volvo.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals