• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got a complete Rancho 6" lift for $100

RangerDanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I found one on a 1990 ranger in the junk yard and got it for $100. Took me 4 hours to pull off but i got it. My 1992 4X4 4.0L (5-speed)Ranger also has a 3" PA body lift as well I got from the yard....

6" lift Springs
All drop Brackets for axel arms and radius arms
All 4 shocks and the drop pitman arm
all hardware

It came with HUGE 6" blocks but i threw those in the garbage. What do you reccomend that i do for the rear suspension? I just have the stock leafs will a full overload spring in it now. Im thinking shakles and a new spring pack? but i dont have very much money.

Am i going to need new brake lines?? front and rear?

Is this Rancho lift any good? It definalty looks like its got its use but shows no cracks or anything in any of the brackets.

Oh and also im thinking instead of the drop brackets for the radius arms it would be better to go with james duff or skyjacker redesigned tubular arms. Which one would you guys recommend and will the james duff arms work with my rancho 6" lift?

RangerDanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I forgot to ask about my drivershat. I have a one piece aluminum from a 98+ supercab ranger on my truck and im wondering iff i will have any clearance issues with a 6" lift on the rear. Im thinking Beltech shackles and new lifted leaf packs. Will i need to get a new crossmember so my rear driveshaft doesn't hit???

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Has to be another brand lift... Rancho never made a 6" lift for a Ranger (maybe a Skyjacker or Superlift kit?)

I would get new 6" leafsprings for the rear (ditching the original 2" stock block), and extended shackles. Should be good for 5.5" lift or so.
The frame crossmember can be moved forward for rear driveshaft clearance. Expect the shaft to rub a bit on the skidplate for the fuel tank a bit when flexed hard though (even with it trimmed). Original steel ('98-'00) shafts are a bit smaller dia than the AL ones.

Yes, you'll need new brake hoses at 6"

As for radius arms, I'm starting to lean toward the Skyjacker arms as having the edge in strength over the JD ones.
Far more people are running (and abusing) SJ's arms than JD's, yet I've seen two JD arm failures already (both in the same spot on the new-style arms), but still have yet to see a broken/bent SJ arm.

Hope that helps

RangerDanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
thank you VERY much. info is apreciated.

now for the type of lift... its red in colour and for the driver side axel arm drop bracket its just a flat plate with holes on top and then the holes on the bottom......

is that a trailmaster or rough country?

also should i get the James duff 6" lift leafs or the skykjacker ones?

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That is the same way I got my 4" lift for my truck. I think I paid $250 for mine.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Posts some pics of the lift and it's brackets, someone might be able to identify it.

Skyjacker has not used a plate lift bracket in ages, although if it's real old... maybe

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals