• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

An even crazier idea for lowering the back....

zachis4wheeling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
drof
Transmission
Automatic
Well I was going to chime in on the post with a similar title that was already on here....but it got closed.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about 1/4 elliptical suspensions...(the type of suspension where ya take the leaf pack, clamp it together close to the middle of the leaf pack....mabe a lil closer to one side or the other, cut the pack in half on the short side of the clamping plates, flip it over and weld or bolt the shit out of the clamped end's clamp brackets to the frame, and then run a 3, 4 or 5 link suspension and use the leaf springs for yur spring rates)....????

I've seen a lot of 4x4s set up like this, but I was wondering if anyone has ever run a rear suspension like this on a lowrider?

Oh, and it is ENTIRELY possible to have rear camber that is off on a truck witha rear solid axle.....here's how....

If you have a fullfloater rear axle...(Sterling 10.25, Dana 60, 70 or 80, 14 bolt etc.) the type with the hub that rides on the spindle on the rearend; if you have worn out bearings, if your spindle to axle flange bolts are loose, if you put the axle back together and for some reason the spindle isn't seated tight against the flange on the rearend....all of these things and many more could potentially throw the caster OR the camber off on the rear axle......

thought I'd just throw that in here for all the narrowminded naysayers...not tryin to start shit, just educate some people who might think it's impossible to have camber be outta whack on a rear solid axle....

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
I would say for the work and space it hasnt really been done for a couple reasons. 1. coil overs would be about the same ammount of work and then you could adjust the spring rates easier. 2. its not as clean looking as coilovers or a flip kit or bags. 3. going to the work to do a 4 link normally goes with bags, dros, or coilovers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals