• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear Bumper Lift?

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Im going to put my 3in bodylift on this weekend and have a question concerning the rear bumper. Is there any way I can make brakets to lift the bumper up with everything else? Im not completly sure, i havent had a chance to look at howits mounted now, just figured id ask since im sitting in computer class.

thanx for all help!

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
absolutely. some body lift kits actually come with brackets to lift the frond and rear bumpers. the only thing about the front though is that you will have to ditch the tow hooks unless you want to make a burly bracket for those as well. you may be able to order just the bumper brackets by themselves (not really sure as i have not looked) but it wouldnt be too hard to make them if you have access to a welder and such.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Thing is i havent seen rear bumper brakets for a 94. Only kits that ive seen that come with rear bumper brakets are the 98+ models. Im gonna look at my truck when i get out of school today. BUT im still more than happy with ideas and suggestions. If it looks like i cant make brakets i think instead of covering the gap with d-plate like everyone else im gonna get some sheet metal and paint it to match the truck...

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Honestly the gap isn't that bad, it is about the same as a stock Chevy pickup, maybe slightly more. I thought about a bumper lift, but then my class 3 hitch will be hanging ridiculously low. It's all a matter of personal preference I guess.

hick

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i just made a new bumper all together and cut my class 3 hitch and moved it up a bit. spare shows a little though.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Wish i had the supplies to do it. I looked at the prerunner front and rear bumpers from James Duff only to find out they are discontinued. I really like the looks of them and the price was reasonable.

RangerDanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i lifted my stock bumper with a sawzall and a drill. You just need to cut a bit off of the bumper brackets and move them so the slide inside the frame rails (theres on hole on the frame rails you can use... and the other you just have to drill youself.
I wouldn't really tow anything heavy after doing this tho.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Hey, thanx. Im putting my lift on tomorrow afternoon an ill check that out. thanx again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals