• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Cd Deck wiring question

Daner_Ranger

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I just recently put a cd deck in my truck(2000 Ranger), works fine and comes on when it should, But now that I installed the cd deck my dash lights do no light up at all. When I installed the adapater for the deck There was 2 left over orange wires there wasn't no where to hook them up on the deck. I know they are for the dash lights says righ on them. I just need to know what wires to connect them to. Thanks

JoeCanada

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Check your fuses. If the unused wire from that harness grounded out, it probably blew the fuse for your dash lighting circuit. It's always best to tape off the unused wires in those harnesses to prevent that from happening.

Daner_Ranger

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Check your fuses. If the unused wire from that harness grounded out, it probably blew the fuse for your dash lighting circuit. It's always best to tape off the unused wires in those harnesses to prevent that from happening.

Check all fuses they are good, I taped all extra wires off. Has to be them two orange wires

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you only need those orange ones if your interior light dimmer also dims the stereo display. i have a 2000 also and didnt use them. i just put a butt style crimp on the end so i wouldnt have to worry about the tape deteriorating over time and coming loose.

Daner_Ranger

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Edit: You were right it was a fuse in my power box under my hood. I replace it know all is well!. I made sure the free wires wouldnt ground out again. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals