• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ranger with a drop

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
I got home for R&R and in 2 days did all this to my truck. It got a 4/5 drop, mustang cocbra brakes all the way around, brazillian headlights, HIDs, hurst short throw shifter, 20s, sway bars, and I havent had a chance to install the thunderbolt lip spoiler that I got.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Nice!!! I seen it on RPS and I LOVE it!

rat_ranger

U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. I used to e a memeber here, even had over 1000 posts with this same name, then something happened and I wasnt a memeber anymore and drifted away and decided to come back since ther arent many street trucks on this site

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Tell me about it... I am trying my best to get the street cruiser image concreted on this site. I have a ways to go, but I put in what I can.

I know IllegalConcepts is a frequent on here... he's got a 5/7 dropped 96 ranger with a topper.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the truck there too. What size tire are you running up front ? It look extreamely close to what my 4/5 drop looked like with 225/45/17 ...

Non the less is a very very nice truck

rat_ranger

U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
225/35r20 in the front 285/30r20 in the back. so about 1/2inch taller than 225/45r17. Thanks for the compliments guys, its always nice to hear that other people think you built something nice.

Last edited:

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Don't want t be a party pooper but this should be in show off your truck not the tech. forum

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
How dod the cobra brakes work out for you? Plus where did you get them? I installed slotted/crossdrilled rotors with titanium pads years ago and had to replace my rotors last year cause the pads were just to damn hard. The truck stopped great but I would rather change out pads once a year then do rotors every 2-3 (I don't even put 5K on my truck yearly).

I now have slotted/dimpled rotors with "performance" pads. The truck doesn't stop as well as it use to but still better then stock. I would like to have better braking before I get my motor done.

Go to love that shifter. I can't belive how much shorter the throw is compared to stock.

James

rat_ranger

U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
the cobra brakes work great. Could use a master cylinder with more flow to it or a higher power booster like te hydraboost the mustangs have. But I only say that because it takes alot of pedal pressure to get close to engagng the ABS, but your stopping well before then. I got the new front hubs and caliper adapters from racin' ranger on RPS. its was 365 for the hubs and brackets then you order your own calipers, prices vary depending on if used or 10th ann. or just regular bullits or what not. to get all the specs on the kit email info@nekustoms.com . thats eacyde from RPS who is acting as dealer. on your front brake lines you have to drill the hole out to 7/16 to fit the mustang banjo bolt. the rear brakes I got the caliper brakets from north race cars. in the rear you just have to install the bracket in place of the backing plate, then bend the factory brake line to run next to the leaf spring and bolt on the cobra rear flex line and attach it to the caliper.

Overall very simle to install and not that much more in depth than a regular brake job where your replace the rotors in the front, the rear is a little harder but still pretty easy, and it gives you an excuse to go to synthetic fluid in the rear since you have to open it up.

And for the party pooper here is some tech, the front suspension is all DJM, control arms and springs, the shocks are doetschtech nitro slammers. the rear suspension is chassistech front hangers and flipped factory rear hangers, again with doetschtech nitro slammers.
As far as having heard that lowering the rear the way I did would screw up pinion angle I have not had an problems and driven the truck over 1000 miles since I finished puting it together tuesday.

On top of the drop it has the "roush" sway bars front and rear from hillbank motorcorp. they were pretty cheap and easy to install. and th do make a difference on the body sway in corners.
overall evrything I did was pretty simple. I did it in my dads driveway with 1 jack, 4 jackstands, a socket set, 1 t55 torx, and a wrench set. Anyone could do it if they wanted to and had the money to drop on the parts.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
thats still showin' off your truck the tech forum is for questions about fixing or modding your truck it don't bother me i'm just saying

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
where did u get the short through shifter? I've looking for a good one for my 92 4.0L but i'm having trouble.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How the hell did you get Brazil heads?

They look amazing.

rat_ranger

U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
yep the shifter came from summit racing. It takes getting used to but it kicks butt once your used to it.
The brazillian headlights I got from a guy that goes by Mike2.3 on RPS. I sent him a PM and he was coming to the US for like a week so I sent him money for the lights and he mailed them once he was in the states to avoid having to pay import fees and have cheaper shipping. you have to cut out most of the header panel behind the lights to make them fit and change the bulb connectors. I changed over to HID to make the wiring change simpler and just spliced in an H4 connector on the drivers side but left the normal headlight connectors incase I ever have to swap back to stock for an inspection or something.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yep the shifter came from summit racing. It takes getting used to but it kicks butt once your used to it.
The brazillian headlights I got from a guy that goes by Mike2.3 on RPS. I sent him a PM and he was coming to the US for like a week so I sent him money for the lights and he mailed them once he was in the states to avoid having to pay import fees and have cheaper shipping. you have to cut out most of the header panel behind the lights to make them fit and change the bulb connectors. I changed over to HID to make the wiring change simpler and just spliced in an H4 connector on the drivers side but left the normal headlight connectors incase I ever have to swap back to stock for an inspection or something.
Looks like I wont ever be getting any. Haha. God they look nice though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals