• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

kenwood navigation problem

redranger02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i just installed a kenwood kna-dv100 in my 02 ranger. im have problems getting it to read the right speed. my truck shows im going 55mph but the navigation shows im doing 95mph. which is throwing everthing off. if anyone has some tech support i could really use the help. thanks

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My buddies Pioneer did that too for about 2 days then if settled it's self down, is there an option to hook up the trucks VSS to the GPS? I know when we did that to my friends, it made a big difference.

And how long have you had it installed / driven with it on?

redranger02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i have hooked up. i tried it with out it and it didnt work at all. is there two vss wires may i have the wrong one hooked up. i a gray/black out of the blackplug of the gem. i put a didio on that wire to. do u think that would make a differance. i had installed for two days and yes i been driving with it on.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah i have hooked up. i tried it with out it and it didnt work at all. is there two vss wires may i have the wrong one hooked up. i a gray/black out of the blackplug of the gem. i put a didio on that wire to. do u think that would make a differance. i had installed for two days and yes i been driving with it on.
''didio'' do you mean diode? If so try taking that out.
And did you install the head unit or did you have a shop do it?

Edit- There should be a switch on the GPS module that lets you chose the number of PPM (pulses per mile) you have to have that set right for the number of PPM for the ranger output. That you'd have to ask someone on here who knows or there is a way to check but I can not remember how right now.

Edit x2- Check and do the search on http://www.rostra.com/techsupport-main.asp to find your PPM and a few other things you may need to know.

Last edited:

redranger02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well i took the diode off it is still showing that im going 20 to 25 miles faster than what im really going. could have the wrong wire. guy the i know works for ford, in the repair department told me that there is two wires. could i have the wrong one? could just go straight to the senor with it?

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It sounds to me like you have your PPM switch set wrong, I'd say pull the head unit/ or GPS ''brain'' and make sure it is set right.

There has to be a setting on screen or on the unit it's self for your pulses per mile check the installation manual, and i did a quick search and there does not seem to be a kenwood kna-dv100, there was a dv3100 and a dv4100 but no dv100

Last edited:

redranger02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i found the problem there was a little cut on the antenna wire didnt have a good connection. found a replacement works like a champ. thanks for the help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals