• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiring Fog Lights

deadbeat

Reaction score
I have a 1990 ranger and I want to wire up my fog lights like they were on my 99 explorer. I want them to be switch controlled on and off, and if the switch is on, to come on with parking lights and low beam, but to turn off on high beam. How can I do this, and btw, what is the 87a plug for on the relay?

deadbeat

Reaction score
ok, so I know how to wire them up to where they only come on when the lights are on, and on dim. Do they make such a thing that I can wire inline of the power to the lights that will cut them off when it gets power from the high beams lights, kind of like a opposite of what the other does?:c-n:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
if you could find a normally closed relay and run it inline with the main power to your fog lamp relay, then wire the control side of the closed relay into the high beam circuit. Thus when you activate the high beams, power is sent to the control side of the closed relay, opening the contacts for the power, and cutting the fog lights off.

deadbeat

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. For anyone who may need to know how to do this in the future, get the standard relay like it talks about in the tech library, but when you wire the one inline with the power, jump the power out on the 87a, then when you put power to it, it will switch to unused prong. :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals