• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fog lights?

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
i'm lookin to put some fog lights on my truck but i dont know what i want, i drew up a few ideas with my mad ms paint skills, but im not sure. pics and suggestions are very welcome.

truck as is:

idea 1

idea 2

idea 3

let me know youre thoughts and let me see some pics.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
True fog lights are amber and mounted as low as possible with the driver as high as possible, it works the best, with that said don’t get any kind of Wal-Mart special there small and junk, you want at least a 6'' lens.

Driving lights on the other hand can be mounted in almost anyway you have drawn, and again you want a bigger lens (6'' or so) they can be clear, just aim them so you don’t blind oncoming traffic

Last edited:

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
True fog lights are amber and mounted as low as possible with the driver as high as possible, it works the best, with that said don’t get any kind of Wal-Mart special there small and junk, you want at least a 6'' lens.

Driving lights on the other hand can be mounted in almost anyway you have drawn, and again you want a bigger lens (6'' or so) they can be clear, just aim them so you don’t blind oncoming traffic
I'd have to beg to differ about the amber part. I have always been under the impression that yellowish/ amber colored light relfects off of water drops, not through them. Therefore amber fog lights are going to work worse than clear ones will.

You do defentally want to mount fog lights as low as possible. The idea is to shine the beames under the fog at road level basicly.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
p.s. hope that helps

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd have to beg to differ about the amber part. I have always been under the impression that yellowish/ amber colored light relfects off of water drops, not through them. Therefore amber fog lights are going to work worse than clear ones will.

From MY experience amber is better, and lights up better (ever wear a set of yellow/amber ''safety glasses'' they make everything much brighter).

Just a little reading if you care to. http://www.google.com/base/a/1410826/D16323472501895233718

Last edited:

htjunkie1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
PIAA 520's..
7" driving off road...

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
/\ i like that set up, must look like day when youre driving down the road at night

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals