• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Speeding tickets

94redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
anyone ever go to their set court dates on their speeding tickets and end up getting out of their ticket? I am asking cuz coming home today I went 86 km/h through a 60 km/h zone and ended up with a 126$ ticket. Any tips on what to do in court? Thanks

dranger21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
well look decent and kiss ass..thats about all I can say

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Was it the Mounties?

BigClemsonFan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have. I went and defended myself and proved beyond a reasonable doubt that I was not guilty.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
if the cop shows, your nailed (thought they might reduce the fine for your effort).

lots of times the cop doesnt bother showing because it isnt worth the city/state's time to occupy an officers time for 2 hours for a measly $126.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
anyone ever go to their set court dates on their speeding tickets and end up getting out of their ticket? I am asking cuz coming home today I went 86 km/h through a 60 km/h zone and ended up with a 126$ ticket. Any tips on what to do in court? Thanks
Pay the $126.

Trying to get out of it is, shall we say, a certain lack of character.

Stangmata

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I don't know how it works in Canada, but in the US you ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYSALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS

go to court.

And yes, I have had all (but 1) of my tickets either dropped or at least reduced.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't want to type a bunch of ALWAYS's.

But I've had my license for 22 years and have never been pulled over for speeding.

DK27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Pay the $126.

Trying to get out of it is, shall we say, a certain lack of character.
You kidding? He wasn't going THAT fast. It's not like he was doing 50 over or something. He didn't steal anything. $126 dollars for a ticket is lacking character.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
I had gone to court to fight one last winter, only because I was mad that it was a blatant speed trap and in another 200 yards I'd have been stopped for a toll booth anyway.
I was going to fight it based on the fact that the speed limit signs were farther apart than the PA MV Code states, at least to give me a semi-legit argument.
Cop shows up, not a good thing.
I start into "Well your honor, the MV Code says..."
The magistrate cuts me off and says "Do you just want to get the fine and points knocked down? I'll give you 60 in a 55 and no points."
I say "Deal" and pay the reduced fine.
Two months later I get my letter from the state saying 65 in a 55 and 2 points.
Bastard. Next time I'll fight it anyway and even if I lose I'll take up their time.
I don't know how it works in Canada, but at least try to come up with something so you don't look silly.

smokey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Transmission
Automatic
same here Will 25 years and not one ticket for Speeding.
If you have the time go to court.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You kidding? He wasn't going THAT fast. It's not like he was doing 50 over or something. He didn't steal anything. $126 dollars for a ticket is lacking character.
He broke the law and got caught.

The ONLY legit thing to do is pay up.

It's not like that $126 was made up just for him.

And if he HAD stolen something, the penalty would be quite a bit greater than $126.

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I agree with MAKG, pay the fine and move on with life. Lesson Learned. I have got my first speeding ticket when I was 16ish. Pops said no big deal, just pay it and go on with your life, I suggest you do the same.

DK27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
He broke the law and got caught.

The ONLY legit thing to do is pay up.

It's not like that $126 was made up just for him.

And if he HAD stolen something, the penalty would be quite a bit greater than $126.
Blah blah blah. Most speed limits are crap anyway. Hell, 55 is the speed on a lot of highways around ... 55! The law is supposed to "protect" people because speeding is "dangerous." I mean, if you want to talk about legitimacy then where is it in most of these fines?

Tickets should be enforced for riding too close, weaving in and out of traffic etc etc no matter what your speed is. That is a lot more dangerous than 15 over.

Speeding tickets are mostly money makers and it's bullshit.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
I got one on a wednesdays at about 3pm a few months ago, I remember this because I susposably got the ticket in SW Calgary, I work in the NW, and I work on wednesdays until 5. I decided to fight this one becasue it was obviously wrong, and if the date was wrong, what else could be wrong? (I get thursdays and sundays off). I went to work the day after the ticket came in the mail (luckly photo radar gives you no points off), and printed off the work order of the vehicle I was working on stating I was doing this break job on this vehilce at this time, I brough the time book and I also brought my boss, and a survalance tape of the parking lot where you can plainly see my Ranger sitting (the only cars that can be seen are a 1986 New Yorker, a 1991 Dodge Caravan, and my 1989 Ranger) for added support (it was a ticket that was about $140). So how can I lose? I have proof that I was at work at the time the ticket was issued, and I had proof that I didn't loan my truck out to anyone. Ya, ended up with the courts being a bitch that day and made me pay the fine, and then the court fees for wasting thier time (another $150). If you want to talk about bullshit money grabs, try explaining the logic in that one. If I knew my sure thing way out was going to go belly up, I would have paid it and stayed pissed at it instead of having to pay it anyways, and then a court fee that was over the price of my ticket. At least on the bright side I didn't get any points toward my licence.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals