• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

any ideas on finishing this console

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
a few weeks ago i made my 60/40 seats in to bucket seats i still need to get seat covers but i think it looks alot better in there my question is do yall have any ideas on how to install this console cause my floor is up in frount and goes down in the back any ideas will be greatly apprecitatied....... the pics r on my cardomain thanks again

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
I put almost that exact console in my 94 reg cab and all I did was to set the shifter in the 4th gear position and I just sheet metal screwed it in place with some washers to ``firm it up``. Hope that helps.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
some wood, and some fiberglass matting and resin? or just wood and paint it.... depends what kind of tools you have availible. can you cut the bottom of the front of the console? or is it too thin up front?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
You should be able to just metal screw it to the floor...I am thinking of doing the same thing with a similar console and there is nothing below that area that you're going to hurt by drilling a couple of holes and putting in some screws...or you could use bolts in the event that you might be crawling around or feeling around there some day and cut yourself on the screw tip...I usually file them off just in case...

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
hey yall see that was the oraginal plan to just screw it down but from the bottom of the console to the floor is like 6 inches thats why i have the old console holding it up i like that wood idea i am thinking about talking my carpet out and putting that paint in bedliner in there as so then i might beable to make a wood stand to screw to the floor and screw the console to that thanks again for all the replies

Mechanickid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I swapped explorer buckets in my ranger today along with the console and it took about an hour. I had to disassemble the console though. I just used self tapping screws to hold it down. Maybe you can find a good used explorer console at a local scrapyard...

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
yea tru i mean i like that console i got now its got a lock on it and 4 cup holders wich help when i got my old lady and my kids in there u know lol i think im going to wait till i get that paint in bedliner and while i have the seats out build something to hold it up in the back then and thanks again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals