• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

have a idea what do yall think?

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
hey yall i have been thinking about taking my carpet out i got a 93 3.0 ext cab xlt and i wanted to get that rubber floor mat but they want $170 if i do it myself so i got a idea at wal-mart they sell paint in bed liner for only $45 (black) i think its a good idea now my question do yall think that it will get hotter in there or even be more noise and have any of yall done this if so i would like to see pics and as always any advice is gratly appreciated thanks

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I'd say it won't be much hotter than normal...but I was thinking the same thing and when I pulled out my carpet there were wires and other things under there that I'd rather not have exposed...

I'm still looking for a rubber alternative...but going to the junkyard I couldn't find a decent rubber mat that wasn't split or otherwise worse for the wear...

If you've got no wires I don't see a problem though...as long as it dries to a fairly hard finish because there is a lot of scuffing going on down there...maybe some floor mats will help to keep the coating intact though...

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
oh yea there will be mats in there i got sum now that carpet is just so hard to try to keep clean i live on a dirt road and as far as the wires i have my coaxle for my cb was there other wires that i should know of and also i think that bedliner stuff should hold up pretty good cause if its stroung enough to be in a truck bed it should be stroung enough to handle my feet and my kids lol right?

93_RangerSC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea its pretty strong stuff just make sure you put about 3-4 coats of it on. we put it in my buddys bronco cuz the carpet was just soooo stained with mud, tea, and everything else it was just nasty.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Mine had power seats and a few other connectors for the speakers and seat belt warning. some of that is covered by a plastic runner but it still can get in the way (I pulled most of it out but there are still a few wires though). The other area of concern to me was the shift console...it wasn't pretty but I blasted that with rocker cover paint so it would match the bedliner almost...

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
that sounds pretty kool i got tea and soda stains also would u have any pics maybe and as far as the wires i guess i would have to just have to get in there and start doing it to see what i would be workin with i have took my 60/40 seats and made them bucket seats and got that van console from walmart so also at the same time i would have to try to mount that cause my floor slopes down (high in the front to low in the back) and im not to sure how to do that i actually have the factory flip down console under it right now just for temporary and i would probaly go buy a longer coaxle wire for my cb to beable to run it along my door and behind the kick panels so u wouldent see it that carpet just gets so dirty so fast its so hard to keep it clean with that i could just sweep it out thanks again for all the help

93_RangerSC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i wish you woulda asked about all this about 2 weeks ago lol
we just sold his bronco II for like 5grand. had a custom 10"suspension and 35" Mastercraft Mudders and a bunch of other bullshit

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
aw damn oh well thats all right i can kinda picture it in my head and i have ford mats anyway so that will cover alot u know but thanks anyway

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
hey yall check out my pics of my painted bedliner floor tell me what u think thanks again

hihoslvr

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'04
Make / Model
F.O.R.D.
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks purdy good to me, how do those mats ride tho? I got the some 'uns (from Wal-Mart), slid around too much (I got the factory rubber/plastic flooring), and got in the way of the clutch. Anyway, they're pullin' duty in front the back door to my house now, classy, huh?

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
no man they dont seem to slide around too much just the normal everycouple of days got to fix em but other than that there pretty good

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
That looks really good...

How much did the carpet weigh when you pulled it out? I removed mine and it must have weighed about 70 to 100 lbs because it was so waterlogged...

You've just inspired me to do mine that way now...was considering getting another carpet (because it's brown and I hate brown)...but now I know what way to go...you can actually paint that stuff too...so color matching might be an option...

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
aw man that carpet weighed alot i think cause i had so much dirt in there and as far as the color coating i just got black from walmart cause thats all they have but i know there is a website as shown below but they had diffrent colors for like $130 i paid 45 and it came with everything so i guess it just depends on our deep ur pockets are lol but thanks for the comments

http://www.durabakcompany.com/automotive.htm

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals