• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

In Memory of my father

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
In Memory of my father UPDATED 9/17

Here is my Ranger Page, It is a tribute to my father who taught me the facts of life. I have been a mechanic at dealers for the last 12 years. My dad taught me the basic skills when I was a kid. He used to help me fix up my trucks. The last Ranger I had was a 91, I built it up and tricked it out and gave it to him. He loved it, he had to trade it for a full sized automatic because he had cancer and couldnt push the clutch pedal. I started this new project in memory of him and it will have those exact words on the back window. Right now the truck is a few hours from me getting custom bumpers built for a winch in front and a tubed bumper in rear. I should be getting it back in a few weeks and then I have ALOT more work to do to it. I will add more to the website as I go and give updates here as well. Thanks.
www.dskellogg.com/ranger.html

I have now added pictures of the completed bumpers. They have not been removed, and sprayed yet.

Last edited:

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have just added pics of the electric cooling fan shroud, some progress pics of the custom bumpers, and some pics of my homemade hitch covers.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
that bumper looks pretty good.

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nice record of your project. I like your design....

Do you have any pictures of your truck with 33's installed?

Why did you install an electric fan?

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the comments. I do not have pics yet of the 33's installed. I got them while the truck has been at the fabricators over the past few months. As far as the electric fan goes, I put a body lift on it and instead of dropping the radiator and shroud down for the fan, I decided to eliminate the fan. on the trip up to where it's currently at which is about 2.5 hours, I was in stop and go traffic and the fan quit working, It was 95 degree's out and so the temp got hot quickly. I let it cool down and when I got moving again it kept cool enough on it's own. I removed the fan and called the company because it was brand new and the sent me another new one and told me to keep the old. well I tore apart the old one and the positive wire solder connection at the brushes was broken, so I re-soldered all the connections and it works like new, so I Have an extra.

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I forgot to mention, at that time I only used those little strips like a ziptie almost that go through the radiator fins. I didnt like that, but I was in a hurry to get it to the fabricators. Now I made that shround you see in the pics, and I am going to install that and my 4 core radiator before the trip back.

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Cool I can't wait for another update.

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just got back with it last night, I like the bumpers. The only part of them I would change is the sides where it goes around the front fenders. the tubes are pointed at a downward angle and not up. I asked him about this and he showed me a few trucks in magazines with the same style. I said wouldnt it look better straight he said yes, but if the bumper flex's a bit while winching you dont want the side bars to crush your fender. same if you get in an accident, it will bed the bumper a bit probably and the tubes have room to move.. Anyways, other than that they are great. I will be taking pics tonight of the bare steel bumpers on the truck, and then I will take them off to coat them and undercoat the truck. Then I will put them back on and take more pics.. I will have alot of pics when I get done.

hifooy07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
cool project! truck looks good so far.

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Bumper Pictures added to the site, and pics with the body lift

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals