• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1" body lift installation

mrscullini

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i am preparing to install a 1" body lift. i purchased 2" blocks and cut them in half. the vehicle is a 2002 super cab. i figure the bed will be pretty straight forward and quick. my concern is the cab, how long do you think this will take? i am expecting to have to raise the bumper and cut the fan shroud. any other major considerations? do you think i can use the stock body mount bolts or will i need longer. i want to do the job this weekend and i would like to be done in about 4-6 hours. possible?

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
the cab will go pretty easy. rubber grommets in the cab undo the bolts. when i did mine i had to get longer bolts. an i didnt have to cut my shroud we did mine in about 2,2.5 hours so it should be pretty easy to do .

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
on my 3" bl, it took a couple hours, the stock bolts didnt look like you could fit an inch on there. when i did my kit, you lower the whole radiator, but idk about 1". also consider the bumper gap. idk if it would be worth the work for 1". the whole job is pretty easy though. go buy 2 cans of pb-blaster though.

94redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
what is exactly involved in a body lift when it comes to the cab forward? Do you just have to jack one part of the body up at one time and put the new mounts in? I know you have to buy a shifter extension for a manual tranny but i dont see any type of shifter extension for a manual transfer case shifter. Will this be a problem?

Last edited:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what is exactly involved in a body lift when it comes to the cab forward? Do you just have to jack one part of the body up at one time and put the new mounts in? I know you have to buy a shifter extension for a manual tranny but i dont see any type of shifter extension for a manual transfer case shifter. Will this be a problem?
you have to disconnect the radiator, take the carpet half way out (along with the plastic trim), disconnect the steering shaft, install new extention, install shifter extention, dissconnect the battery, disconnect the ground cables, relocate the ebrake cable, you use your stock body mounts, but i would replace them while your there!!!! most are always cracked or smushed. then you jack one side at a time, place the blocks under the mounts, put the bolts in, do the other side, then retighten.........etc, etc, etc! the instructions that it comes with is very easy to follow!!! and its not too hard, i did mine by myself in a few hours, it would help to have a friend help thougH!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals