• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97 Ranger SAS Problem

curazyass

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Alright I'm planning a SAS on my 2wd Ranger ttb. I believe the axle is a Dana 35 from a Cherokee and it has coil spring perches. The steering link is the exact same width on the new axle as it is on my truck. Everything seems to be going well other than my one major concern -

The D35 control arms.

If possible, I'd like to use the arms that came with the axle itself. The only thing is, I haven't a way to mount them to my frame. If anyone can lend any advice, that'd be well appreciated.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Im just finishing up my SAS, i built new links from scratch. Youll just have to fab brackets on the frame to mount the control arms. But id do it differently, especially if youre looking for articulation. Go with one straight link on pass side, and a y-link on drivers side. use bushings on the axle and radius arm style bushings on the frame, and hiem joints on the upper link to adjust caster.... at least thats what i did.

And your axle is a d-30. The d-35 is the TTB used in RBV 4x4's. Jeeps used a solid axle D-35 in for the REAR axle though.

Last edited:

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you can buy some mounts off of a jeep website, the ones that come with their 3 or 4 link lift kits. I know rock krawler has them. Its a simple peice to make, but if you dont have the supplies, im sure you can buy some.

curazyass

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks a lot guys! That's awesome. Now I at least have an idea of how I might start. I think I'll go with that first idea for more articulation. If that doesn't fall into place, I'll look for those mounts from Rock Krawler.

As for tonight, I started the process of straight-piping my exhaust. I'm running a cherry bomb glasspack attached to a bored-out cat and having it exit just in front of the passenger rear tire.

Let me know how your SAS goes hairyboxnoogle!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals