• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

10" sub for extended cab questions

mitch546

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Im looking to put a sub and amp setup in the truck with an 03 extended cab ive heard the Kicker TCVT sub and box are really good for a truck setup. I havent priced it but anyone else running a 10 with good base?I hade a 12" mtx in my s10 ext. and it damn near blew the back window out so im trying to avoid that :woot:

I mostly listen to hip hop and i think its retarded to run all this bass and never head the words to the song so im looking for something to hit hard with clarity i guess. Any ideas?

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im looking to put a sub and amp setup in the truck with an 03 extended cab ive heard the Kicker TCVT sub and box are really good for a truck setup. I havent priced it but anyone else running a 10 with good base?I hade a 12" mtx in my s10 ext. and it damn near blew the back window out so im trying to avoid that :woot:

I mostly listen to hip hop and i think its retarded to run all this bass and never head the words to the song so im looking for something to hit hard with clarity i guess. Any ideas?
Kicker S8 l5 (square) in a sealed box, with a high end amp (Steg).

99MazdaB4000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
im looking for something to hit hard with clarity i guess. Any ideas?

From that description, nothing Kicker makes. Kickers subs are "boomy" in that they are loose, and they do not like sealed boxes...this is coming from a kicker dealer btw

Check out the Infinitys, especially the little 10" perfects...very tight, love the small sealed boxes, fairly cheap, doesnt need tons of power, and still descent output.

85b2chopper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L of fury
Transmission
Automatic
look into the mtx thunderforms, i personally love the sound from mtx subs so might be something to look into

Randy960

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I really like the S series Alpine I have in my truck, it has great clarity and can hit pretty hard when you need it to. It sounds even better now that its in the small sealed box I made to go between the jump seats.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
From that description, nothing Kicker makes. Kickers subs are "boomy" in that they are loose, and they do not like sealed boxes...this is coming from a kicker dealer btw

Check out the Infinitys, especially the little 10" perfects...very tight, love the small sealed boxes, fairly cheap, doesnt need tons of power, and still descent output.
I know kickers don't like sealed boxes, but my brother who sells nothing but high end car audio, was even surprised at how well it sounded, and i just built a ported box will take pics soon.

lifted4.0

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i drive a 03 extended cab, and i have a kicker l5 10" right behind the drivers seat, powered by a kicker400.1 amp sitting in a ported box and it is LOUD for right behind you, i would say, if you really want loud/bassy type, go with the kicker l7, 10" or 12"... but i love my l5, alot of power for a small sub, but not overkill, people can hear it.

andiesel06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
4 12's

i'm runnin 4 12's in a ported box in my 2000 ext cab and it beats the snot out of my truck. The best way to have biggest boom and still hear music is to tune the cd player and speakers first than turn the amp up till you like where the bass is. Or if you'd care to spend some more money, get a 4 channel amp and pump more power to the speakers so they have more clarity.

cold_holiday

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
from what you are describing jl audio makes very shallow depth subs. jl subs deliver very clean bass that doesn't sound like shit.

dsskibum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have always been a fan of the JL W7. I currently have a 10" JL W7 HO with a 500/1 JL and a 2 farad cap. in my 2005 extended cab.

Last edited:

gettle03FX4LevelII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 Leve
Transmission
Manual
I agree with DSSKiBUM i have a 12 inch JL W3 duel voice coil in a regular truck box and its very clear. I have it powered by a kicker zx240. I have it right behind the drivers seat in in my 03 fx4 level II. JL makes very good subs

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
jl makes quality products with great sound. theyre just way overpriced. for the money, there are better options

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals