• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Upgraded payload package on new Ranger

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know if the upgraded payload package on current new Rangers (4x2's)would lift the read end higher, making the profile of the vehicle unlevel?(more then what the regular payload package profile) Or would it look the same?

I believe the better payload package increases payload weight by about 340lbs. Payload package 2 uses increased rear spring rates and HD gas charged shocks.

Last edited:

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I have an 08 with payload package #2 and I believe the rear does sit higher than a normal Ranger. Actually even the cab seems higher to me. There is a definate rake to the front.

People have even commented about its height.

George

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
^^^^^So the front does have seem to have more of a downward dip with Payload package 2then with payload package 1 or about the same? The increased rear height Im assuming could give the front end the illusion of being lower.

Muscleford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I havent parked it next to another Ranger w/o payload pakcage #2 but the front is definately lower than the rear. Do you want me to measure the distance ground to top of rear wheel opening? I see many Rangers on the road that appear to be fairly level.

George

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
^^^^No you dont have to go through the trouble. I just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly. I to have seen some stock 4x2 Rangers that are more level on the road and some that are a little more raised in the back. Now I do know that the rear will be a little higher than the front on the 4x2's but I have noticed some that some are a little more severe. It must be because of the upgraded payload. If I decide to get the upgraded payload I may get a lift in front to level it out. Appreciate the input George.:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals